take a look(wheel hop) and other stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take a look(wheel hop) and other stuff

i believe the reverse gear in my rearend is not cut perfect or something, i am not sure if this is normal when u replace your rear ring and pinion or not, but i have wheel hop in reverse, how can i fix this?will subframe connectors help,

also i noticed my car vibrates alot now, my tires are at about 30 percent tread, and i have had to reseal the bead because of lopw pressure in the tire, could they be off balance they have been on for about a year now, but i take alot of hard corners, and i spin my tires more than i should, i have hurd subframe connectors help in vibrations, but how much, and wut type of tires should i get i have 17 X9 inch wheels,wut all would i get from subframe connectors

any opinions or comments welcome
    thank you
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you stated. There is no reverse gear in your rearend. The transmission is what controls that.

Subframe connectors will help with a lot of things like interior squeaks, vibrations, and improves chassis stiffness. But, it depends on the kind of vibration. When does the vibration take place? At a particular RPM, at high speed, etc.? Vibrations can be caused by a lot of things.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

at around 40-60 it vibrates, and i have wheelhop in reverse that is all i no
      1994 firebird formula

Comment

How much wheel hop in reverse? Right when you first throw it in and it first engages into gear?
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

no, when i give it gas, not floored but a lil
          1994 firebird formula

Comment

When the word "wheelhop" is used it usually means that the tires are bouncing off the ground slightly under acceleration. Are you trying to do a burnout in reverse or what?

Reverse gears in the tranny are most always a "straight-cut" gear as opposed to a "helically-cut" gear. This will make them a little whinie and they are not as smooth in engagement with one another as a helically cut gear would be.

Can you describe in a little more detail what you are experiencing? Also not sure what you are referring to the rear end as far as reverse for?

Comment

Working...
            X