How fast would this t/a go.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast would this t/a go.

Ok I dont really konw to many details about this 97 t/a. It just lives across town. I stopped by this guys house cuz i found out he has a fully rebuilt powerdyne supercharger for sale for 1000 bucks only with both 6lb pully and a 9 lb pully. But anyway he has a 97 t/a with 544 rwhp and he said either 604 fott pounds or 640 not real sure. But he has a 9lb vortech, heads, shortys, and corsa and basically everything but nitrous and a slicks. Anybody know how fasst in a 1/4 mile 544 rwhp does.
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Originally posted by purepwrta
    Ok I dont really konw to many details about this 97 t/a. It just lives across town. I stopped by this guys house cuz i found out he has a fully rebuilt powerdyne supercharger for sale for 1000 bucks only with both 6lb pully and a 9 lb pully. But anyway he has a 97 t/a with 544 rwhp and he said either 604 fott pounds or 640 not real sure. But he has a 9lb vortech, heads, shortys, and corsa and basically everything but nitrous and a slicks. Anybody know how fasst in a 1/4 mile 544 rwhp does.
    Well, since he doesn't have slicks, it could be anywhere from the 11s to the 15s, lol...

Seriously though, if he had some traction to work with, it would be an 11 second car. Probably mid-to-low 11s @ 123 ish.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

My handy calculator puts his car into the 10's and closing in on high 12Xmph in the 1/4-mile. Putting that kind of power to the pavement will take some serious upgrades to the suspension and drivetrain. Auto or M6? Obviously not a stock bottom end, and requires a good set of heads and a killer exhaust. Does either S/C setup include an after-cooler?
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

You can't make that kind of power with the stock bottom end of the LT1?
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
          You can't make that kind of power with the stock bottom end of the LT1?
          To make 544rwHP through an M6, you would have to be making about 625flywheelHP, and through an A4 you would have to be pushing about 660flywheelHP. The stock LT1 PM connecting rods are factory rated at 450HP. The two documented failures of LT1 PM rods that I have seen occured at about 600flywheelHP.

You might get the rods to last over 600HP, but not for long.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Anybody know how fasst in a 1/4 mile 544 rwhp does.
            Ridiculously fast.
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

If his car is full weight and assuming he isn't over 200 lbs, he should easily manage a high 10 given good traction and good driving.

There have many f-bodies making that kind of power that have gotten into the 9's but with significant weight reduction. It just depends on a lot of variables.

Comment

Its an auto and he is running on his 6th motor. Its not a stock bottom end he has stage 3 heads not sure on the brand and the corsa premium exhaust. The car is rediculously loud and he has shorty headers on it. He runs nitto nt555r's and he did something cool. he took of the rear wing of the car so its just flush from the hatch glass to the rear taillights. He says he is going to be in a magazine soon but im not sure which one tho. Sick ride and it is dropped 2.5 inches.
                Tom
                1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Comment

Sick ride and it is dropped 2.5 inches.
                  Tom

Yeah, so he is in the 15s. lol.... 15.5 @ 119 mph

Comment

Its an auto and he is running on his 6th motor.
                    Tom
                    WTH happenend to the first 5 motors, and did the same guy build this one?

Comment

There was some kind of oil leak on the internal part of the motor or something. That kept messing everying up. IDK im not an expert so i cant go into details, i told the guys about this forum well c if he joins or not. And yes it was Speed INC. that built all of the motors. It was all under warrenty so he got it done for free.

Comment

Working...
                      X