Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i cant figure out which fuel hose is which!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cant figure out which fuel hose is which!

i cant figure out which fuel hose is which! I am trying to locate the supply hose as close to the fuel injectors as possible so that i can try the fuel ionizing magnets. I have a 1997 camaro RS. of the pictures that i've looked at look like my car, so they couldnt help me. both hoses seem to be the same size, so saying its the bigger one doesn't seem to help me. when i drive a lot and touch both, they seem to be equally as hot, so saying its the cooler one doesnt seem to help me. what should i do to figure out which is which???

thanks,
    josh

Originally posted by jbpwhatwhat
    i cant figure out which fuel hose is which! I am trying to locate the supply hose as close to the fuel injectors as possible so that i can try the fuel ionizing magnets. I have a 1997 camaro RS. of the pictures that i've looked at look like my car, so they couldnt help me. both hoses seem to be the same size, so saying its the bigger one doesn't seem to help me. when i drive a lot and touch both, they seem to be equally as hot, so saying its the cooler one doesnt seem to help me. what should i do to figure out which is which???

thanks,
    josh
    They don't work. I hope those magnets didn't cost you much.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

From a V6 diagram, it sure looks like they are different sizes. The feed is the forward pipe (the one not going into the regulator).

Good luck with the voodoo magnets.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

what makes you say hat magnets dont work? not that i dont believe you, but i'm just curious. i only spent like 13 bucks i think, not a big deal. have you tried them? has anyone had any luck with the "fuel ionizing magnets"?

Comment

Originally posted by jbpwhatwhat
          what makes you say hat magnets dont work? not that i dont believe you, but i'm just curious. i only spent like 13 bucks i think, not a big deal. have you tried them? has anyone had any luck with the "fuel ionizing magnets"?

First question I would have asked when purchasing was "whats fuel IONIZATION"?
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

The theory behind the magnets is to polarize the fuel molecules. It was theorized that by creating a magnetic field, the fuel molecules would "repel" each other giving the effect of a wider dispersion of fuel. Puddling is supposed to be minimized, fuel supposedly burns more completely and gas mileage is supposed to increase. It is more applicable to carbed cars than injected.

The problem is that the effect is so minimal that the money spent on the magnetic device is way more than the amount of fuel saved over the life of the car. Basically a waste of dough.

Comment

you definately don't feel the need to ask any questions when purchasing, because there are usually essay-like explanations that go with the product. I know how it's supposed to work, I was just wondering if anyone here had tried them.

Comment

I get better MPG from a decent tune... vs "the magic magnets" as an old frog once said... if they worked, how come the fed govt does not use them on their fleet of cars?...

The theory is sound .. but the effect is too minimal ...

in short go with what is proven
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

Working...
                X