Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question about the Loudmouth on an LT1 car..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about the Loudmouth on an LT1 car..

I am about to order a new Loudmouth kit, and I keep seeing the LT1 kit you have to purchase seperately. Is this needed? It seems it's just a couple of hangers. Can a muffler shop fabricate something for less?

Thanks!
    Jeff
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

I am about to order a new Loudmouth kit, and I keep seeing the LT1 kit you have to purchase seperately. Is this needed? It seems it's just a couple of hangers. Can a muffler shop fabricate something for less?

Thanks!
    Jeff

jeff,
    i have a 95 Z28 single cat LT1. i didn't get the LT1 kit when i got my loudmouth. you don't need it in my opinion. just go to a good muffler shop and ask them to fabricate that piece, no big deal. i piad $60.00 for the install and the extra fabrication. good luck.
    ed
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

From what I've been reading, the muffler shop should be able to make some hangers for you at a lower cost than what the kit would cost you.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I believe the "kit" consists of hangers, but most importantly the additional pipe bend from the back of the cat to the int. pipe.....a muffler shop can make this but if you DIY, it makes life easier.

see link for pic:

LT1 Install kit
        95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

yea there is a section about 1.5' long that bends to meet up with the cat . . . your local muffler shop should be able to do it, but i think your better off just geting the kit.
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
            yea there is a section about 1.5' long that bends to meet up with the cat . . . your local muffler shop should be able to do it, but i think your better off just geting the kit.
            agreed

The kit is mandrel bent 3" stainless steel.

If you have the local shop do it, the quality will not be near as good, and it will rust.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Ahh, I didn't know it had a pipe in it. Yeah, I'll get the kit. Not worth trusting a shop to do right.

Originally posted by TraceZ
              agreed

The kit is mandrel bent 3" stainless steel.

If you have the local shop do it, the quality will not be near as good, and it will rust.
              99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
                This is the first time I heard about this. Good to know
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

For those with the '96 or '97.....the kit is not necessary. It consists of only a couple hangers. I had a local shop put mine on only because I couldn't get the stock exaust off Although they did a great job and cost me about $70.00.
                  2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
                  buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
                  Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Yea it took me about 2 hours to get old one off . . . and about 30 min to put it on.
                    -Nick-
                    95 A4 Z28

Comment

Working...
                    X