It's done.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's done.

Hey guys, if you don't remember I had the A4 to M6 conversion done to my car. I just got it back over the weekend and so far so good. But I do have a couple of problems:

1. The spring in the reverse lockout soleniod was bent. Without this I can put my car in reverse while driving. Not good. I avoid 5th and go straight to 6th from 4th, but only when I'm on the highway. I went over to gmpartsdirect.com and found the part #: 12523300. I hope thats the right part.

2. Reverse sometimes grinds and spits out the shifter. Bad Synchro?

3. Before the conversion, my car's been bogging. I got a fuel filter over the weekend, I installed it, but the problem didn't go away. Also my car idles at around 1,900 rpm. Shouldn't it be around 700 rpm? Could this be the optispark?

Other than that, the conversion whent a-ok. The gears shift nice and smooth. And with my 3:73 I go thru them pretty damn fast I'll post some pics soon.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Cool!!

Was there much frustration in the swap and would you do it again??

I've been throwing this swap around in my head for awhile...
    95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

congrats on getting the thing finished

also yes ur idle is quite high "normally" (i say that lightly) cars are between 500-900rpm at idle my pos idles low but it was like that from factory (500rpm)

my friends cars idle at 800-900 but over 1,000 rpm

Comment

Mine idles between 500-1000rpm depending on the weather, 1900 is definatly high.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
        2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by 4THGEN Z
          Cool!!

Was there much frustration in the swap and would you do it again??

I've been throwing this swap around in my head for awhile...
          Its not a hard swap. It took me a weekend with a lift and all the tools I needed. The only non-bolt-in is the master/slave cylinder assembly. You have to drill the firewall with a holesaw and reinforce it for the clutch master. Other than that, its nuts and bolts (besides the PCM reprogramming).
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
            Its not a hard swap. It took me a weekend with a lift and all the tools I needed. The only non-bolt-in is the master/slave cylinder assembly. You have to drill the firewall with a holesaw and reinforce it for the clutch master. Other than that, its nuts and bolts (besides the PCM reprogramming).
            How did the electronis inside the car hook up? With the auto, there is a switch on the gear selector. How did that transfer to the manual stuff?
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
              How did the electronis inside the car hook up? With the auto, there is a switch on the gear selector. How did that transfer to the manual stuff?
              I got the wiring harness for my car. That took care of everything.
              Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                I got the wiring harness for my car. That took care of everything.
                Sweet.. So it was just plug and play for the wiring.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  Sweet.. So it was just plug and play for the wiring.
                  Exactly.
                  Hercules

Comment

Working...
                  X