I need a new muffler!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new muffler!

Alright guys, now i know a lot of you love your exhaust systems but i loathe mine. I'm sick of my car sounding like a helicopter. I copied this directly from dictionary.com- Muffler- "Any of various devices to deaden the noise of escaping gases or vapors, as a tube filled with obstructions, through which the exhaust gases of an internal-combustion engine, as on an automobile, are passed (called also silencer)."
    Are there any good exhaust systems that flow well and can make my car dead silent? I can't tolerate it any more. When i take it up to 2,500 RPM's and shift (or higher), It sounds like i'm really ripping on my car. This annoys me...a lot. I can only imagine how people around me feel. As if seeing an 18 year old in a bright red sports car doesn't attract cops attention enough, thanks to my Flowmasters, they can now hear me from a mile away as well (not that i speed or break laws in any way). I really need something that will do what it's meant to do and deaden the noise. Sorry if i went off on a rant.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

hmmmm SLP dual dual is nice a quiet. Other than that one most others are gonna be louder than stock, not as loud as what you have now though.

JasonG

Comment

I need something that's dead silent. I hate attention. This bright red paint isn't doing it for me anymore either. I also just found out that i can't replace my huge stock spoiler with one from a base model firebird because it won't fit
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
        I need something that's dead silent. I hate attention. This bright red paint isn't doing it for me anymore either. I also just found out that i can't replace my huge stock spoiler with one from a base model firebird because it won't fit
        In order to get something that quiet you are going to have to give up a little power. But if you're OK with that then just go to a local muffler shop and have them weld you up a muffler from a stock V8 truck or SUV.

Comment

SLP might still carry stock WS6 mufflers. They are quiter than aftermarket but you won't loose performance.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

How much would an SLP muffler cost?
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

I got mine for just under $100.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

I don't see them there now. They do have stainless steel mufflers though.
                Visit http://www.slponline.com/

Comment

Thank you!! Now i can finally shut this thing up. My grandpa thought i had an aftermarket camshaft in it because it's so noisy. I don't even want to think of it without the cats!
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Working...
                  X