No announcement yet.

Not all f-body owners are good guys....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all f-body owners are good guys....

I learned this at a cruise-in in Syracuse, NY last week. I drove in the lot and parked my car near a few other f-bodys and popped my hood. I wasnt out of my car for 3 seconds and the guy across the way shouts over "When we gonna line em up?" I thought he was just playing, so I kinda smiled and nodded. He then yells over (without even seeing under my hood). "You gonna spray me, cause youre gonna need it!" He followed with a few more comments of the like. Now im thinking - what a cocky, arrogant, jerk. He doesnt even have a clue as to what is done to my car and he already assumes he's the king.

So, he walks over and starts pokin around asking me questions. I told him what was done to my car and he was just looking for things to critisize. I told him what gear ratio was in the rear. He says "I guess you shoulda done some reading before you picked those gears; 3:73's are for an auto - you shoulda went 4:10's." Then he trys to explain how to set my pinion angle and why I need to do that. Of course he had it all wrong. So, I politely corrected him and then explained the reason for my gear selection and the fact that I built the entire drivetrain on the car myself. Then his tune started to change.

I looked over at his car and hes got a procharger bolted to the front of his LS1. Apparently, this is the reason he thinks he's the fastest thing around. I asked him who did his work - the local speed shop. Now, dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with having someone else do your work, but its obvious this guy doesnt know his ass from third base (and what he does know, he got from a magazine), but he feels the need to pretend. Why?

Isnt it the unspoken rule, that when your looking at someones car (their creation), you should be polite and respectful of it no matter if its stock or if its a nitro funny car? What a jerk!
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Unfortunately, there are jerks in all areas of the world. Just consider the source and forget about him. Next time "Do I know you?" When he answers "No", tell him "Good, let's keep it that way!"
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

So then what happened? Did you line em up? I love to see guy's like that eat crow.

Comment

So when we lining them up?! lol! Just wondering if you still wanted to try to meet up at the track on wed or fri next week, since i'll be home. People are like that. Its like a guy here that has an SS and looks at the magazines and told me with all his parts its going to add over a 100hp. He takes the "may add up to x hp" and totals them up! Then he thinks he can beat me but refuses to take it to the track, and everytime i see him on a road, he turns. hmmm. People are like that. If you want even more of that, bring the bird down to charlotte on a sunday night!!
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

There is a jerk in every crowd. I'll never forget the time I was driving my 95 ZR-1 in North Carolina. Dark Red Metallic, hatch top off and enjoying the scenery. A Guy in another Vette, I'm guessing a 93 with a Greenwood kit comes flying up on my rear. The road ahead widens at a light to become 4 lanes instead of two. This cocky jerk pulls up next to me, revs the motor and asks if mine is a real ZR-1. He already was irritating me so I replied "No, I bought the emblem and stuck it on there". I could see that his lowly LT-1 was sporting ZR-1 badges. It had the wrong rear bodywork and the wrong offset and width wheels. He replied "Mine's a real one. Next time don't buy a POS base model" and does a burnout on a right turn and runs off.

Comment

Well, you should have the satisfaction of knowing that either the guy goes thru life knowing he's a dick, or else the guy goes thru life too stupid to know he's a dick.

You can't let those guys get to you. I don't value their respect, so I don't acknowledge them as competition worthy. Having a neat car has never been a guarantee of the owner being a stand-up guy. Same with Harleys. I mean, you would like to think that way, but it just isn't true. Some riders will do anything to help you when you're broke down, and others will lie to you and take everything you got. I never bought into that automatic brotherhood just cause you got similar machines. In any given sample of Camaro owners, Harley owners, etc., you got the same percentage of jerks & goodguys. Sometimes it seems more than it is because you have something in common, so you assume they are like you. Life just doesn't work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              He already was irritating me so I replied "No, I bought the emblem and stuck it on there". I could see that his lowly LT-1 was sporting ZR-1 badges. It had the wrong rear bodywork and the wrong offset and width wheels. He replied "Mine's a real one. Next time don't buy a POS base model" and does a burnout on a right turn and runs off.
              LMAO! Thanks, Joe, I need that.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Reynolds
                So then what happened? Did you line em up? I love to see guy's like that eat crow.
                No, He took off much earlier than I and it was a family atmosphere cruise night.......

If he had the work done that he proported, he would have given me a run. MTI stage 2 heads, supercharger, forged internals, balanced and blueprinted.....blah, blah, blah. The funny thing is that he was rollling around on the factory 16 inch tires and 10 bolt rear, so what does that tell you?
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                  Unfortunately, there are jerks in all areas of the world. Just consider the source and forget about him.
                  Yea, I didnt really think that all fbody guys were stand-up. Just wanted to do some complaining.......

Comment

....oh, and the funniest thing he said that night........."Oh yea, I rebuilt my own T56, thats one of the easiest tranny's Ive ever built. Just stack the parts as it comes apart, so easy".

Give me break. If he coudl rebuild a T56, he wouldnt be taking the car to the speed shop to bolt on a procharger.

Comment

one of my favorite stories is from some time back...many of the f body folks know it..so ill share with yall that may not have heard it...

my wife mary was comming home from work one bright and sunny day... came to a light on the main drag here..and a newer mustang full of punks pulled up in the left lane next to her.... (mary was driving the FirehawK). the passenger yells out (mary's window was down..she was looking straight ahead.. not about to get busted for street racing in our home town where we have excellent repor with the sheriff's dept.)... "hey lady... ever seen a fast car before".... she casually looks over..lowers her sunglasses..."scans" the stang slowly....and says "no.......why? do you have one at home?".....puts her window up and stares straight ahead. light changes...the guy blows out..she just drives on down the street...

bwwwahahahahahaha he was p!$$ed she said.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Way to go Mary
                        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

yea some f-body owners can be a real pain! I was going to buy my friends 1989 trans am GTA off her dad. I eventulaly decided it wasn't worth the over price he was asking. All i hear from them now is that their car is better then mine now and theirs could beat it(not true). one of her neighbors is saying the same thing as well. All these jerks are trying to challenge me, thinking that i want too. I know i could blow most of them away or they aren;t worth my time but when i accpet an offer to race the jerks don't even show. They just like to talk trash, its really sad. It even got to a point where this guy was lieing to the whole town that he had raced me and compelety blown me away. It's to bad that race hasn't or never will happen. Its just amazing how full of themselves some people are.
                          -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Y'know, this may come as a surprise to some, but . . .

. . . my "weenie" didn't get no bigger when I bought my car (more's the pity).

Some folks go through life being Eddie Haskell. Worse, they know they're Eddie Haskell. That would be an absolutely terrible way to live.

He knows he's a jerk. He can't stop being a jerk. He has to live with being a jerk.

Aren't you glad your aren't him? <-- grammatically incorrect, but sounds better.
                            R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                              one of my favorite stories is from some time back...many of the f body folks know it..so ill share with yall that may not have heard it...

my wife mary was comming home from work one bright and sunny day... came to a light on the main drag here..and a newer mustang full of punks pulled up in the left lane next to her.... (mary was driving the FirehawK). the passenger yells out (mary's window was down..she was looking straight ahead.. not about to get busted for street racing in our home town where we have excellent repor with the sheriff's dept.)... "hey lady... ever seen a fast car before".... she casually looks over..lowers her sunglasses..."scans" the stang slowly....and says "no.......why? do you have one at home?".....puts her window up and stares straight ahead. light changes...the guy blows out..she just drives on down the street...

bwwwahahahahahaha he was p!$$ed she said.

now she terrorizes the highway in her Envoy
                              DWS
                              Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Working...
                              X