Another WS6 Destroyed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another WS6 Destroyed

One of my genius neighbor's destroyed his WS6 along with himself and his friend. Fortunately, they are OK and recovering after a lot of stiches and resuscitation, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for him...in fact, I hope this teaches him a lesson. He is one of the yahoos that keeps full throttling it up and down the main street in our neighborhood (even through our park and crossing area). Anyhow, he was going 100+ around a corner on I225 in Denver, hit a road construction ridge in the road, and went airborne. That was the last thing he remembers until he awoke in the hospital; both he and the passenger were ejected from the car. He is just extremely lucky that he didn't kill his passenger or some other motorist or pedestrian. He was someone always looking for a race, and the shoe will always fall...eventually. ...it did for him, and almost took his life in the process.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

stupid

what an *******! even we slow down iun known construction and around corners.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/magnetheadz28

Kenwood Krc-335(soon to be HU)]
    Kenwood Kdc-c669 (soon to be cd changer)
    Lanzar Vibe 418 (subwoofer amp)
    Lanzar Vibe 218 (6x9 amp)
    Subwoofers: bazooka EL1204

Comment

Its good to hear the driver and passenger are alright and no one else was injured, but that's a good example why to take it to the track.
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
      Traded in: 1998 Z28
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

It may be stupid to race on the streets... but it takes an especially dillusional and irresponsible person to hammer it through a construction zone.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

This dude's buddy hammered his '71 Camaro past me in a crossing section at our park. There was a family getting ready to cross the street, and the father pulled his child back toward him. I was slowing to about 20ish, and this guy went past me at 60+. Some people are completely insane!!! I love driving fast, and I love racing. But, some people just don't have a clue. Driving fast or racing in residential areas, city streets, city interstates, construction areas, and any place that there are other cars or less then a 1/4 mile visibility is absolutely ridiculous. I don't really care if people turn themselves into a greasy spot somewhere as long as they don't endanger others in the process.
          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

This is a prime example of why you should take performance cars to the track and not wring them out on the street. This guy is lucky he didn't take someone else out with him.

Comment

This guy and his buddy are perfect examples of people who should not be allowed to drive. Take his license away and fine him for all kinds of laws he broke and maybe that will help pay for the rescue crew that saved his life. I'm sick of idiots weaving in and out of traffic and driving at excessive speeds. I don't car what kind of car you're driving.
              69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
              70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
              2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Glad your friends are OK.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
                KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

These guys are definitely not my friends. We have some serious differences in opinion about responsibility. I learned of his fate by another neighbor who was helping me install my fiberglass hood last Saturday. He is one of the few that I get along with. He has a blown '65 GTO, and I have never seen him open that thing up in our neighborhood.

There are some pretty cool hot-rodders in my neighborhood, but I have some real geniuses' as well. Some jerk today was going down our street on a sport bike doing about 80ish at 7:00 this morning.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Man, you guys need to set up some video surveillance to tape these idiots and then get the police to patrol the area. Someone is going to be killed.
                    69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
                    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
                    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Thank him for me, please.

Tell your friend I am glad he and his passenger survived more or less intact.

And thank him for making my WS6 just a little more valuable. They ain't making any more of 'em, y'know.
                      R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

I fully agree with you guys that it is really dumb to speed through residential areas and construction zones, but I live in a neighborhood in a rural area where the speed limit is 25 and I fully abide by it but my neighbors who are mainly older people complain about me alot just because I have a fast and loud car even though I never speed or run at high rpms through our neighborhood.
                        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Originally posted by 94 formula
                          I fully agree with you guys that it is really dumb to speed through residential areas and construction zones, but I live in a neighborhood in a rural area where the speed limit is 25 and I fully abide by it but my neighbors who are mainly older people complain about me alot just because I have a fast and loud car even though I never speed or run at high rpms through our neighborhood.
                          Who cares? If you are abiding by the laws, you are doing nothing wrong. (*4 Letter word*) them.
                          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

no seatbelts either...........hmmmmmmmmm.

pretty dern stupid.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by 94 formula
                              Originally posted by JL8Jeff
                              Man, you guys need to set up some video surveillance to tape these idiots and then get the police to patrol the area. Someone is going to be killed.
                              we are out in the sticks with no patrol. speed limit is 35 on our dirt road, and quads and dirt bikes constantly are going by at full speed. most of the cars we see constantly go at 70+ mph.

a few years ago, the trash truck was pulling out of our neigbors driveway after emptying his dumpster, and a car came down the road at 80 and ran into it.....car was totaled, had to lift the truck to get the car out. and still no patrol! after the paperwork, truck kept going on the regular schedule.
                              http://www.sounddomain.com/id/magnetheadz28

Kenwood Krc-335(soon to be HU)]
                              Kenwood Kdc-c669 (soon to be cd changer)
                              Lanzar Vibe 418 (subwoofer amp)
                              Lanzar Vibe 218 (6x9 amp)
                              Subwoofers: bazooka EL1204

Comment

Working...
                              X