AC Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Question

The AC has been working fairly well for me. However, Friday, I drove to a friend's house and shut the car off. 15 minutes later, we went for a drive around the block. During the short drive, the AC wouldn't blow cold. We came back to the house and shut the car off. I started the car back on and the AC blew cold. It's been working fine since. Kind of weird. Is this common? Should I have it serviced or just blow it off as a freaky deal. The last thing I want right now is for the AC to go out -it's too hot here not to have AC!

If you recommend servicing the AC. Should I do it myself by getting one pressure test kit at Autozone or something similar?

Thanks,
    Martin
    Utah
    94 TA
    '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

AC

Once I was driving back from Miami in the summer, the AC stopped blowing cold. I got out checked visuals and everything looked normal. I filled up with gas and drove off. The AC started working again. It hasn't happened again.

So I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

when you stopped to fill up, was the check gages light on? Just wondering because I discovered last weekend that teh cruise control on my car does not work when the check gages light is on
      2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Well, actually, no. No lights came on. By the way, when is the check guages light supposed to come on? Is it for low fuel? Or does it show for other items also?

Martin
        '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Comment

Working...
        X