NFB: Just drove the Z06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Just drove the Z06

That's my face when I punched an '04 Z06 at the GM AutoShow in Motion today. Sorry, but I still stick with my opinion that the LS1 C5 isn't as fsat as people like to think, but the Z06 is a completely different story. HOLY CRAP MAN!!!! That thing just goooooooooooeeeeeeess! lol Wasn't impressed with the Z06 before, but I am definitely a changed man now. I wouldn't justify $55k for the car, but the motor is definitely nice. Anyways, just had to get that out of my system. Take care everyone and feel free to post any feedback.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Hell yea man, Zo6's r sick my neighbor has one and i always thought my camaro with a 350 was fast until one day he told me 2 go for a ride in his Zo6 ..... WoW that was some crazy stuff i wouldnt mind having one but ur right the 55k price tag hurts when u look at it, but i wonder what 55k in my car would be like...
    ::cough:: 8sec street car with 20mpg.... LoL
    1967 Camaro "Project"
    1972 Chevelle "454"
    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Exactly my thoughts man. Just the LS6 is only like $7k I think. $55k is a nice budget
      Steve

Comment

I hear ya. I miss my Z06 so much and I've only been without it for a few days. That car is awesome. Most people only care about straight line and forget that the car does so much more than that.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Just wait until they bring out the C6 Z06!!! Muhahahahahahah... 500HP from what I hear.... scary fast

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
          Previous Vehicles:
          99' M6 Z28
          98' M6 TA
          97' Formula
          96' RS Camaro
          93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed97
            Just wait until they bring out the C6 Z06!!! Muhahahahahahah... 500HP from what I hear.... scary fast
            I got my deposit on one already. I am with you. I can't wait.

Comment

True, but even in the straight-line performance dept. its friggen fast. I still think I could pull on an LS1 C5, but I now know I'd get whomped by a Z06...at least in the Z anyways . Also got to drive the new GTO...the course didn't do it much justice, but the car wasn't that great either. Power and handling were decent, but if I bought one, the pipes would be the first thing to go.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                True, but even in the straight-line performance dept. its friggen fast. I still think I could pull on an LS1 C5, but I now know I'd get whomped by a Z06...at least in the Z anyways . Also got to drive the new GTO...the course didn't do it much justice, but the car wasn't that great either. Power and handling were decent, but if I bought one, the pipes would be the first thing to go.
                wait for the '05 model, it'll have the LS2
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                  wait for the '05 model, it'll have the LS2
                  And when the LS7 C6 ZO6 comes out, it will have 3 valves per cylinder and variable valve timing technology.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

The LS2 has been both engine and chasis dynod and has pulled comparable numbers to the Z06. However, it produces much more torque down low. The Z51 package also comes with a revised gear ratio as does the Z06.

Comment

Working...
                    X