No announcement yet.

Is this normal or not for a 3800 V6...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal or not for a 3800 V6...

I have not thought about this much since it only occurs rarely... But my car shakes every now and then, and one day my mom asked me if it was normal or what not, and I said yes because it doesn't occur often, but it got me some what concern... So is it normal or not and if not, what is wrong?
    Thanks
    MaraSport

Where does the shake feel like its coming from? At what RPM and what speed?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

It at normal idle of somewhere around 700rpms and it feels like it from the engine...
      Thanks
      MaraSport

Comment

Mine also does that, aint really that bad, i think it may be idled high or need a tune up or somethin.. but i dont think its bad, usually what stops it is when you hold your brake all the way down

Comment

But it did it on rare occassion even when it was at 40K miles on the odometer...
          Thanks
          MaraSport

Comment

Could be a misfire you are feeling. Might need to check out plugs and wires.
            Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
            X