just got my first timeslip last night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got my first timeslip last night

Last night was my first time at the track. I had 4 runs and my best time was 8.986 at 81.27 in the 8th. Does anyone here know what that may add up to in the quarter? My car is an auto w/ 3.23 gears, whisper lid and borla catback as the only mods.
    98 z-71 silverado white
    93 trans am, green, a4, 96 trans am motor swap in progress

Originally posted by MikeE24
    Does anyone here know what that may add up to in the quarter? My car is an auto w/ 3.23 gears, whisper lid and borla catback as the only mods.
    High 12's to low 13's.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

according to the bottom of the page of this site http://www.ondoperformance.com/calculators.html high 13's to low 14's
      1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
      1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

thanks for the link scotts. that's exactly the info I was searching for.
        98 z-71 silverado white

Comment

There are no super accurate ways to convert an 1/8 mile time to a 1/4 mile time. Way, way too many variables to simplify such a conversion. There are however a few different multipliers used by various schools of thought to ROUGHLY estimate what your 1/4 mile time might be.

NHRA sprtsman drivers would use 1.55978 , some Outlaw drivers I know use 1.54017, while even some "NHRA approved" store bought calculators sold here in local speed shops I have seen, will use a 1.5832 multiplier. These are basically just a fun way to roughly estimate what you run in the quarter. Due to the possibilty of variance in excess of 0.5 sec, these are by no means a rule of thumb calculation. Nobody has ever been handed a trophy for a 1/4 mile run based on a simple calculation from their 1/8 mile ET. These were origianlly used for throttle stop calculations in the old school.

So to roughly estimate, you would probably be good for a 13.85-14.00 sec ET in the 1/4.

Comment

One more question for anyone who may know. Should i be dissapointed w/ these times. I have been told that my car should be a mid 13 sec car w/ these what few mods i have. So if that is true then would the track conditions or maybe the high mileage of my car contribute to my poor times? (98k miles btw) If not any of those things then what should i do to get my times where they should be?
            98 z-71 silverado white

Comment

what were your 60ft times? Traction may have been a problem f they are much over the 2sec mark. I would expect about 13.3 to a 13.7 but the only way to even tell the real time would be to run the 1/4 not use the calculation cause it isnt 100% accurate. My 1/8th times are around the same and i consistantly run 13.6's

Comment

When i ran the 8.896 my 60' was 2.114 and my 330 was 5.935. It was on street tires at normal air pressure tho. The main reason I want to know is b/c I want to know where I am before I start doing more serious mods to the car. I guess the only sure fire way is to make the drive down to Montgomry and get a accurate 1/4 time.
                98 z-71 silverado white

Comment

yeah that is the only way to tell is to go to the 1/4 but you should probably get some better street tires if you really want to get some good times since 2.1 isnt very good for an LS1. Maybe you should try heating the tires better cause if they wernt hot they wouldnt stick as well. Make sure to hold the burnout till you can see the tires smoking and make sure you are out if the water befor you start the burnout. If that doesnt work id go for some nitto 555's or another comparable street tire with excellent dry traction.

Comment

thanx for the advice. I had been previously misinformed that I should only clean off whatever dirt was on the tires off durning my burnout. An old friend of mine said that since they weren't slicks or DR's or anything like that heating them wouldn't make much of a difference. thanx to everyone for your responses
                    98 z-71 silverado white

Comment

Maybe you should try heating the tires better cause if they wernt hot they wouldnt stick as well.
                      It is my understanding that the only thing this accomplishes is wasting the tread on your tires. Get some drag radials.
                      2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
                      buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
                      Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Originally posted by scotts94_z28
                        yeah that is the only way to tell is to go to the 1/4 but you should probably get some better street tires if you really want to get some good times since 2.1 isnt very good for an LS1. Maybe you should try heating the tires better cause if they wernt hot they wouldnt stick as well. Make sure to hold the burnout till you can see the tires smoking and make sure you are out if the water befor you start the burnout. If that doesnt work id go for some nitto 555's or another comparable street tire with excellent dry traction.
                        Heating a street radial will only make traction worse. Drive around the water box if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by scotts94_z28
                          according to the bottom of the page of this site http://www.ondoperformance.com/calculators.html high 13's to low 14's
                          Is that sight, horsepower at the flywheel or to the ground?
                          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

i believe the calculation shows how much wheel hp

Comment

Similar TImes

my best run was 13.845 @ 99.41mph and my 1/8 was 8.930 @79.91mph (60 feet 2.086 sec). This was done without the mod of the 1.6 rollers. So I understands that you should be close to that.
                              '97 30th Anniversary Z28 - K&N Intake, Granatelli MAF, BBK Headers, Underdrive Pulley, SLP 3" Loudmouth, Hypertech Programmer & 160 Thermostat, 1.6 Rollers, Nitrous Works System (150hp) & Hotchkis Rear Suspension.

Comment

Working...
                              X