LT4 knock module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT4 knock module

what is an LT4 knock module and what exactly does it do? Would it be a good thing to install since i see alot of people who have it?
    1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
    1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

It is a part used in the LT4 vette which is a desensitized version of the one used in the LT1 cars and it might be useful if you run roller rockers so the PCM doesn't see false knock due to the clatter. Some say it helps, some say it dont. Costs about $30.

Comment

I replaced mine years ago. I was getting 1-2 degrees of knock retard on a gearshift. The shift felt fine but the car seemed to soften a bit, then pull strong. With the LT4 knock module, the knock retard from false knock was eliminated and the car pulls hard through the gearshift. a cheap mod that works in filtering out false knock from tailpipe rattle, roller rockers and other harmonics that can trigger the sensor.

Comment

where exactly is this module and how hard is it to replace with the LT4 one
        1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
        1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

It's on the ECM.
          http://shbox.com/1/lt4km.jpg
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Another good source of F-Body info is the "Install Guide" database at Project TransAM.

http://www.projecttransam.com/projects1.asp

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X