Headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

I've been thinking about getting Headers slapped on my 97 Firebird Formula. Im not sure as what to get though. I've been debating shorts or longs. Price is a huge factor as well. I don't really want to spend over 700 for coated headers with y pipe.
    Another thing Im unsure about is a y pipe set up. I need to keep my car street legal. I don't know much about how the cats are affected in this way. Whether or not they get relocated to and where?
    I was thinking about also throwing on a quickime electirc cut out. Where do do you think I should place it. Im really having a hard time on this any ideas on setups or help would be greatly appreciated. Btw I do have a flowmaster American thunder exhaust system on currently. I belive it is 3".
    Thanks for any help in advance.
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Lou,

You're gonna get what you pay for. Coatings are a must and any good coated header and Y pipe will cost you.

Comment

i put on a set of pacesetter shorties that are ceramic coated along with a 3" magnaflow cat and catback exaust. It took about 5 tenths off my 1/4 time and the headers ran me about 400 coated. They are also 50 state street legal and come with the coated y pipe which runs into a 3" collector. Then all's you'll need is a 3" cat and itll go right onto your current flowmaster exaust.
      1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
      1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

I've never been to Jersey, but from what I hear it is pretty humid and salty air. I would most definitely get a coated header, but you might want to spring the extra loot for a nice set of stainless headers. I know Dynatech, FLP , SuperMaxx, and SLP make a stainless header for LT1's.

Comment

Working...
        X