4L60E weight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L60E weight?

I sold my 4L60E trany on ebay and I'm trying to find out how much it weighs so I can get the shipping costs. I know it takes about 2 people to lift it and move, but does anybody have any figures?
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Why don't you see what it cost to have one shipped to you from the tranny places on-line? Then add some for domestic rate.

I bet it weighs about 140 or so, but it's just a wild guess. I was able to carry mine around (with the torque converter in it), but it WAS heavy...I bet Fred knows what it weighs.

Comment

well i dont know if this will help but i know that a fully weighted t-56 weighs in at 135 pounds.

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
      Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
        I sold my 4L60E trany on ebay and I'm trying to find out how much it weighs so I can get the shipping costs. I know it takes about 2 people to lift it and move, but does anybody have any figures?
        182 lbs. That's what my 4L60E weighed on a scale without converter and full of fluid.

Use FedEx freight, it will the cheapest way to ship. And make sure you tell them it doesn't work. That will put it in a cheaper shipping class.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          182 lbs. That's what my 4L60E weighed on a scale without converter and full of fluid.

Use FedEx freight, it will the cheapest way to ship. And make sure you tell them it doesn't work. That will put it in a cheaper shipping class.
          Wow! 182 huh? Next time I install one, I'm using a JACK! No wonder I got a sore arm holding that thing up while I was tightening the screws!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
            Wow! 182 huh? Next time I install one, I'm using a JACK! No wonder I got a sore arm holding that thing up while I was tightening the screws!
            Since its so heavy, you should use BOLTS to hold it in, instead of "screws".

Just bustin your b@lls.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
              DJ, if you dont mind me asking.....how much did you sell it for and where (ebay?)??
              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                DJ, if you dont mind me asking.....how much did you sell it for and where (ebay?)??
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7918052146

It sold for a whopping $96.00! I really don't care how much it sold for, as long as its out of my way.

182 pounds sounds about right. It took 2 of us to get it off the back of my work van. Now I gotta drain all the fluids. Yuck.

The ebay buyer has a Fed Ex account with them, so all I have to do is drop it off at Fed Ex.
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                X