Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod question

here is a question for y'all

If you just bought a 95 Z28 vert with 6sp. Its stock with emerald green and tan top and leather interior w/ salad shooters..

NOW here is my real question.. if you had exactly $1100 to spend to make it YOURS.. what would you do?

wheels/tires?

exhaust?

springs?

new hood?

thanks for giving me some insight for when I get mine IF I get one.. my deals seem to be crapola

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
    Mods are:
    18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims
    Hot Wheels steering wheel cover
    Hurst Classic Shifter Ball with 6-speed pattern
    K&N CAI , I LIKE IT!! it REALLY does make a difference!

more pictures of the hooptie

17X9 wheels and tires. No question about it.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

sfc al,
      depends on if you want a performer or looker???
      performer i would do
      -y-pipe
      -cai
      -cat back
      -3.73 gers
      if you do the labor it might be just a bit over 1,000
      i did both...performance and looks....
      but its taken me about 2 years to were i am know.....
      i would performance first then looks to back it up
      eddie
      1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Like already said, depends on speed, looks, or handling. In a perfect world parts would be cheap and you could do all 3!

If speed parts i would go with a cai, k&n, cat back, and gears.

Looks would be tires and rims, and hood, depending on cost.

Handling, would be some sfc, stb, lca, or just the level 1 or 2 kit from hotchkis. The kits are a little spendy, but have all the basic parts to be replaced to improve handling greatly.

Me I have a little bit of everything, but it doesn't just come all at once. Deployment money well spent. Not sure where the rest of the 12 months of deployment money went, sure don't have any of it now!
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

17 x 9.5 ZR-1 wheels with some nice wide rubber... without a doubt. The salad shooters got to go!

check out my sig.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

TrazeZ, is your camaro "emerald green" as well? Thats one bad ass color.

SFC Al, i'd probably go with a new hood and catback...funds permiting.
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34

Yeah, I've never mentioned it before, but i do like the color of your camaro as well, it definitely looks sharp A color that i dont see too often around where i live.

As for me, i would have to say new wheels and wider rubber. I definitely am not a fan of the salad shooters, in my mind it would be the first thing to go.
              That just my .02 at least
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34

it's Dark Green-Gray. Only 4,710 Camaros were ever made that color. It was only available in 1994. It is the same color they painted some Impala SSs.

The car is also a six speed... 1 of 8,742
                And a ragtop... 1 of 4,932
                not many ragtops got the six speed. I wish I could get the exact figure. Total production in 1994 was 119,799 Camaros.

I figure there are fewer than 100 cars like mine made.

Thanks for the compliments!
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

very nice car!

the car I bought wasn't in as good of shape as the guy said. alot of "cosmetic" stuff. so I talked him down ALOT.. its one of those 20 foot cars but the mechanics on it are good.. so now I have a bit more to spend on making it look like a 10 foot car

Here is a picture of it. I pick it up this coming Wed. The guy lives 2 hours from me so he is going to meet me 1/2 way to finish the deal

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
                  Mods are:
                  18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims

Comment

Every f-body needs nitrous.....and then you will still have money to burn.
                    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Nice car my buddy has one just like it but its a hardtop and not a 6 speed but anyways i would do
                      1) GM Motive 4.10 gears $450-$500 installed
                      2) Sub frame connecotrs (a must for f-body's and my next mod) $230 installed
                      3) Moroso cold air intake $200
                      4)Zaino, Zaino and more Zaino $60 bucks for an awesome kit ( that will definalty make ur car a 5 foot car)
                      5) Short shifter (Not sure on price)
                      Then when u get more money black 17x9 1/2 black with a polished lip $500 on ebay ZR1 wheels with Nitto NT555R's. Trust me black ZR1 wheels look sick on that color car)
                      Then a 3 inch SS hood
                      Then Eibach drag launch kit wiht relocation brackets.
                      That would be a killer sleeper car.
                      Hope this helps
                      Tom
                      1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Wheels and tires are a must. I still say that these cars should have never come with 245/50/16s. They are way too undersized for the amount of power these cars produce. You can make even more HP and the car still won't hook or worse, the car swaps ends when you get a little too agressive with the throttle. Having been through the mod process on perhaps two dozen different cars, you can take it to the bank that the wheels and tires are the basic foundation that the rest of the car is built on.

With careful shopping on the net, you could pick up a used but clean set for less than $900 shipped to your door. Whatever else is left, you can start playing with. At least this way the car will be safer, look mucho more aggressive and whatever else you add, the car will be more up to the task of putting the power to the ground.

so my choice:

1. A clean set of used wheels and tires.... $900
                        2. BMR lower control arms ..................... $ 90
                        3. BMR LCA relocation brackets .............. $ 90
                        4. One medium pizza and a six pack....... $ 20
                        (for the install)

That should about cover it.

Comment

One medium pizza and a six pack
                          Come on Joe....spring for the large pizza and two six packs so you can have breakfast the mornin' after.
                          2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
                          buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
                          Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Id go with some nice rims and tires, and lower it a bit.

nice ride btw . . . my z is the same color.
                            -Nick-
                            95 A4 Z28

Comment

okey dokie.. so I am thinking rims to start off with..

NOW besides EPAY I want a set of 17's that are a direct bolt on.. where can I get some at my price range WITH TIRES..

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
                              Mods are:
                              18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims

Comment

Working...
                              X