GTP Camaro swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTP Camaro swap

Does anyone know if its possible to swap a 3.8L supercharged V6 from the 98-05 Grand Prix GTP's into a 4th gen V6 f-body. I think that would be a crazy car if possible since ive regularly seen GTP's at NYIRP go high to mid 12's
    1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
    1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

I'm not real sure but i would think it would be easier to swap just the super charger then the engine. Especially since the GTP is front wheel drive. It might have trouble mounting up. But definatly do more research. Just stating what sounds easier to me

Thats assuming you have the 3.8 and not the 3.4
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Sorry, you have a V-8....well then...uh...i don't know
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

No offense to you Scott...

...but what the hell is up with all these people posting about swapping V6s out for new motors?

IT JUST IS NOT WORTH IT.

You'll save a lot of money by simply going with an LT1 or LS1 f-body.

But... if you insist, and if you are the type of guy who wants something "unique" - the engine swap I want to see a V6-er do is the LL8. That is the 4200 DOHC Inline 6 Trailblazer engine.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Don't those things have like 270 hp? What kind of torque do they have?
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

hahaha im not talking about doing it to my car id never drop the LT1. Im just asking since everyone talks about how fast the turbo buicks and TA's are and ive seen a bunch of 12 sec GTP's i was thinking it might be a cool project. Just a ? not even planning on attempting it since im only 18 and in college so i have no money and what i get is gone into my car as soon as i get it.
            1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
            1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

Originally posted by scotts94_z28
              hahaha im not talking about doing it to my car id never drop the LT1. Im just asking since everyone talks about how fast the turbo buicks and TA's are and ive seen a bunch of 12 sec GTP's i was thinking it might be a cool project. Just a ? not even planning on attempting it since im only 18 and in college so i have no money and what i get is gone into my car as soon as i get it.
              Didn't notice you have the LT1. I should pay more attention
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                Don't those things have like 270 hp? What kind of torque do they have?

Yeah, 270 hp... I don't know about the torque though. But... you gotta believe that is seriously de-tuned, and it's gotta have some baby cams in it.

Comment

GM had several test mules back in the mid 90s, one of which was a black WS6 with the supercharged 3.8 instead of the LT-1. The idea was to develop alternative powertrains for the platform. It fit perfectly and ran righ 13 second times. should be an easy swap if you have all the right donor parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X