Twins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins?

I am the only one that sees a similarity here?

The pictures don't really do it justice, but I've noticed the Boxster and C6 front ends look suspiciously similar.

Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Originally posted by Dave M
    I am the only one that sees a similarity here?
    Yep, pretty much...they look totally different.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
      I'm confused too... I dont see any similarity.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I dont see it only thing they have in common is there both awsome cars

Comment

I dont see the similarity as well
          I do think though, at some angles at least, that the new vette has somewhat of a ferrari look to it
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
            I am with you guys on this one. I dont think they look anything alike. The headlights area is different, the front grill openings are totally different, the hood lines arent the same, etc... And the Vette is a 100X better looking car
            97 SS #C007
            Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
            SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

"new vette has somewhat of a ferrari look to it"

yeah, it does! i said that to a friend of mine when we saw it drive by today, it totally looks like a ferrarri.

i hate how theres no more signature flip up headlights though.. those were so signature to corevettes
              '83 Z28 Camaro. 350/325HP, 3:73's, comp.cam, hedman headers, 650 carter carb, 1 inch spacer, edelbrock performer, K&N, 3" flowmaster, t-tops, 18" Torq thrust-II's and a big bad 4" cowl.

Comment

I like the new Vette, and it doesn't look anything like the Porsche, other than it is low, it has fender bulges and it's a sportscar.

So, Dave, it seems like you ARE the only one that sees the similarity

Comment

I've seen a number of Boxsters, at least I think they were boxsters... maybe they were ferrari's, coming up behind me on the freeway, and I always think they are C6's until I can see part of the profile. To me, they look a lot alike in person from a direct frontal view.... may they were ferrari's but there's not a lot of those around here.
                  Dave M

Comment

They might have been born on the same day, but they are not identical

Comment

I think the front end looks more like the viper than anything.
                      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Yea I think its a viper front with a ferrari like back. Kinda like a Feriper.
                        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                          I think the front end looks more like the viper than anything.
                          I was just going to comment on that. You are dead on!

Comment

Viper?

Personally, I'm not seeing much of a viper resemblance... I always thought the front end of a Miata looked like a baby viper.

Dave M

Comment

Now there are the twins... omg thats like a 90% match

Comment

Working...
                              X