Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Brake Control Package, 1993-97 Camaro/Firebird

SLP Brake Control Package, 1993-97 Camaro/Firebird

An SLP exclusive, this unit is designed to fit all 1993-1997 V8- and V6-powered GM F-Bodies. Here's how it works: Press the brake pedal and flip the brake-control solenoid switch. Remove your foot from the pedal, and the solenoid maintains line pressure to the front brakes until the switch is released. This makes it easy to heat the rear tires while minimizing wear and tear on your car's rear brake components. You can also use the system to prevent a manual-trans car from rolling out of the staging beams at the starting line. This kit is custom-fitted to the F-Body chassis and is fully compatible with the factory anti-lock braking and traction-control systems. It includes a waterproof electrical solenoid, an activation switch, plug-in wires, CNC-bent steel lines with correct OE fittings, mounting hardware, and detailed installation instructions.

In Stock

$119.95

Stealth Performance
    www.stealthperf.com
    (503)531-3170
    (leave message)
    E-Mail:
    sales@stealthperf.com

I'm curious...... does the control release if the car is shut off? If not, I'm thinking this could also be used as a front "parking brake" , preventing the car from being moved or towed unless jacked up. Oh.... you didn't mention the price.

Comment

Not sure on that one

sounds like a great idea

Stealth Performance
      www.stealthperf.com
      (503)531-3170
      (leave message)
      E-Mail:
      sales@stealthperf.com

Comment

$119.95 if you look below the pic of the system.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH95Formula
          $119.95 if you look below the pic of the system.
          How correct you are. I should have scrolled down a little further.

Comment

OR

you can get a line lock.
            http://www.sounddomain.com/id/magnetheadz28

Kenwood Krc-335(soon to be HU)]
            Kenwood Kdc-c669 (soon to be cd changer)
            Lanzar Vibe 418 (subwoofer amp)
            Lanzar Vibe 218 (6x9 amp)
            Subwoofers: bazooka EL1204

Comment

Re: OR

Originally posted by magnethead794
              you can get a line lock.
              Psst..... um...... that is what this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                I'm curious...... does the control release if the car is shut off? If not, I'm thinking this could also be used as a front "parking brake" , preventing the car from being moved or towed unless jacked up. Oh.... you didn't mention the price.
                depends what source you wire the solenoid with switched 12V or constant.
                95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

I suppose it would depend more on whether the solenoid takes power to activate and also takes power to deactivate. If the solenoid takes power to activate and stays in that position without being powered until current is reapplied to switch it in the opposite direction, then it should work. If it simply is a power on, no power switch off, then it won't unless a unswitched 12V constant power is left applied even with the vehicle switched off. Hmmm..... this might be a neat system in the making. Wouldn't it be cool to lock the front and rear brakes, flip a hidden switch and your brakes stay locked until YOU decide to unlock them. If it isn't passive, I wonder how much current the solenoid draws?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    I suppose it would depend more on whether the solenoid takes power to activate and also takes power to deactivate. If the solenoid takes power to activate and stays in that position without being powered until current is reapplied to switch it in the opposite direction, then it should work. If it simply is a power on, no power switch off, then it won't unless a unswitched 12V constant power is left applied even with the vehicle switched off. Hmmm..... this might be a neat system in the making. Wouldn't it be cool to lock the front and rear brakes, flip a hidden switch and your brakes stay locked until YOU decide to unlock them. If it isn't passive, I wonder how much current the solenoid draws?
                    I wouldn't want to leave it on long...I doubt it is designed for constant duty thus would get hot relatively quick and my guess would be it would draw at least a couple Amps which is pretty significant if you were to leave it on overnight...IMHO
                    95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

It would probably take a double solenoid valve with detents to make a parking brake that didn't require power.

Mike - do you have an installed pic - I want to know exactly where it mounts because i might have other junk in the way...

Also, Joe, some guys have used 4 wheel line locks as a poor man's trans brake, but I can't remember what the Antilock ussues were - they might have had to pull the fuse while at the track.

Comment

Working...
                      X