finally got new wheels and tires!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got new wheels and tires!

First off, thanks to all who replied to my questions about tires and wheels. Special thanks to the guy using the handle, "Jeff95Z28" for suggesting the SLP wheels!

Long story short, I went with the Nitto NT 555 Extreme in a 275/40-17. It was a tough call between these and the Goodyear F1 GS-D3. Ultimately, fate chose for me: the tire shop accidently ordered a set of Goodyear F1 GS tires, which I wasn't interested in using at all. Thus far, I'm pretty happy with the Nittos, but only time will tell. One of the guys at the tire shop showed me a set of 18 inch NT 555s that he owned. He claimed to have racked-up 40k miles on them, and the tread looked pretty good if his story was true.

I was going to do a before/after photo shoot, but was too lazy to wash it before going into the tire shop. Here are some pics of my car with its new SLP ZR1 wheels and the Nittos:

http://encoding.n3.net <--- for all your DVD and audio CD "backup" needs

looks good. I went with a set of slp rims for mine too. I like a stock rim much better than some of the flashy aftermarkets. Nice tires as well.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Good choice!
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Those are good looking wheels.
        It looks familiar.

2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Darksky you got a badass lookin car!!!!! Good choice on the wheels Those are the same ones, they came stock on my SS.
          97 SS #C007
          Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
          SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Very nice!
            1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
            Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
            Trans: TH700R4
            Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Thanks. I have always liked that open 5-spoke -- ever since I saw it on the Corvette ZR1. Too bad the ball and chain doesn't think so... had to listen to her ***** about that for the past 1/2 h ...they weren't *that* expensive! You know what's really screwed-up? They'll go out and blow 2-3 hundred at the mall on clothes or something else they really don't need, and that's okay... but when you drop some money on a car or something else (single item), it's suddenly the end of the world.

You know that old expression, "you can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em?" I swear to God, that is as true today as it was the day it was said. Appologies to our female members of this place. I'm really not sexist

Comment

Nice looking wheels. Y didnt u get chrome. Or maybe u did but my monitor stinks. And not to be ur mom or anything but i'd watch ur choice of words on this forum. Alot of people have gotten banned for profanity.
                Later
                Tom
                1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

darksky,
                  nice wheels....i went with 10 spoke SS wheels with goodyear f1's....
                  the hood looks sweeeeet ( i got the same one )...is it functional???? mine is...i was surprised how much more the car pulls with the airbox + k&n filter at high speeds....
                  eddie
                  1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
                    darksky,
                    nice wheels....i went with 10 spoke SS wheels with goodyear f1's....
                    the hood looks sweeeeet ( i got the same one )...is it functional???? mine is...i was surprised how much more the car pulls with the airbox + k&n filter at high speeds....
                    eddie
                    Yeah, it's functional from Suncoast PGI (can't find a www site). Your's looks nice also. I have always liked the T/A style ramair look. ..you have an A4 with 3.73s? Good god man! How many RPMs are you turning at 75?

Comment

darksky,
                      i usually do the speed limit in texas 60 mph...
                      my rpm's are at 1,900 at 60 mph...
                      haven't looked at my rpm's when i get on it..
                      3.73's woke my Z28 up...
                      eddie
                      1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

darksky, why didnt you go with the chrome?
                        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                        Traded in: 1998 Z28
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by hotwhip9
                          darksky, why didnt you go with the chrome?
                          I like the gray powder look

Comment

Working...
                          X