great, I think racenet screwed up my order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great, I think racenet screwed up my order

Has anyone here dealt with Racenet before? I just ordered several parts from them...the shipment arrived today but I'm missing the chromemoly pushrods. Nobody picks up their phone and they haven't replied to my email...and I don't even know if they make serparate shipments on the same order.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Sorry, but with all the bad stories I have read about them, I would not be one of their customers.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Oh man, I've never heard/read any stories about them at all...must have been one of those shops everyone knows to avoid (except me lol). Well, I guess I can only try to call them Tuesday and hopefully their customer service will quickly ship out the pushrods or else...
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Most threads I have seen, they eventually take care of business, but don't count on it being a fast process. Years ago, there were a popular place, but something happened along the way and service became quite erratic.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Rob...I feel a bit better.
          I was just afraid they would give me the line "check the box we know we shipped 'em to you...." Then I would have paid $115 for cardboard!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. If u want good service go with Speed inc. There website is LS1speed.com. They are EXTREMELY professional. I would order stuff from them but i live like 5 minutes away. And ill even help u out. If u want anything let me know and i will personally go there and buy the parts and ship them to u. U would just send me a method of payment first tho. U'd have to pay illinois tax tho at 8.75%.Hope u get ur push rods.
            tom
            1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by purepwrta
              Sorry to hear about that. If u want good service go with Speed inc. There website is LS1speed.com. They are EXTREMELY professional. I would order stuff from them but i live like 5 minutes away. And ill even help u out. If u want anything let me know and i will personally go there and buy the parts and ship them to u. U would just send me a method of payment first tho. U'd have to pay illinois tax tho at 8.75%.Hope u get ur push rods.
              tom
              Thanks Tom...I really appreciate the offer. I will be sure to let you know if I need something there. Feel free to do the same if you know of any place good in the SF Bay Area (cause I sure don't lol).

Comment

Summit Magazine is a good vendor as well. Stuff usually gets to your house within a few days.
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                  Thanks Tom...I really appreciate the offer. I will be sure to let you know if I need something there. Feel free to do the same if you know of any place good in the SF Bay Area (cause I sure don't lol).
                  hmmm sf bay area...not to get off topic but im going to lol

steve lives around that area..and i have no problem driving down there ( i live in sac)...maybe we could all meet somewhere and go cruisin

im not 100% sure but i think steve would be in..maybe ill have to ask really nicely

Comment

Racenet Sucks

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
                    CAGS Eliminator

Comment

I just wanted to make a quick reply in case someone in the future does a search for racenet's service.

I was actually somewhat satisfied with Racenet. I called them up the next business day and they picked up the phone right away (unlike many horror stories). I told them they didn't ship my pushrods, and they had the common remark "We ran out of stock, we'll get them in and out to you in a matter of a few days." I thought they would never ship 'em due to that generic line, but the next day I got a tracking number via e-mail, and they eventually arrived. I even got the final sales invoice in the package. So I will say that maybe they are improving their service (a bit?)...either that or I just got lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                        I just wanted to make a quick reply in case someone in the future does a search for racenet's service.

I was actually somewhat satisfied with Racenet. I called them up the next business day and they picked up the phone right away (unlike many horror stories). I told them they didn't ship my pushrods, and they had the common remark "We ran out of stock, we'll get them in and out to you in a matter of a few days." I thought they would never ship 'em due to that generic line, but the next day I got a tracking number via e-mail, and they eventually arrived. I even got the final sales invoice in the package. So I will say that maybe they are improving their service (a bit?)...either that or I just got lucky.
                        Glad to hear it Craig.

Comment

Probably lucky. I saw a post in another forum after yours, complaining about their terrible service on a recent order. I have seen more complaints about racenet than probably all the other popular vendors combined.

Comment

Working...
                          X