I had the perfect race..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had the perfect race..........

I was sitting at a light in the freshly detailed WS6, when a riced out something or other came flying out of a side street and turned in the direction I was going. It wasn't the typical rice with stickers and fart cans, but it was more subdued and looked like he might actually have some power behind it. My light turns green and I boogey on up to the next light , where he got stopped. Pull up next to him, and of course he's got his hat on sideways, music blaring, girl in the seat beside him, dual gauges on the A-piller, etc... He looks over and checks out the car... kept creeping up inch by inch at the line, I just held my ground, assuming he was looking for ome action. Light turns green and the coast is clear, no cars around so I punch it. For once, I GOT THE PERFECT LAUNCH!!! The tires gave a little squeal and then just took off! It didn't matter though, because after I had made it up to 40-50 mph I looked back in my rearview and he was still sitting at the light! I assume he stalled it, but I hadn't even heard him try. My perfect launch was all for not. After that, he stayed way back in traffic and wouldn't even show his face again. Normally I don't waste my gas on ricers, but I had just gotten done racing a friend of mine's 96 SS (he took me by about half a car length) and the adrenaline was still pumping for another one.

I just got back from a car show, and will post pics from it when I get them all uploaded... there's a lot of them and they're BIG!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

i wear my hat sideways, fool, wanna run it??
    Working on the 80 Camaro Z28 ..
    Now driving a '90 Talon TSi AWD Turbo...

Comment

Originally posted by Dean80Z28
      i wear my hat sideways, fool, wanna run it??

My favorites are the guys that wear a visor backwards and upside down. It sticks up off the back of their head like a spoiler.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

my personal fav was when i was at a mcdonalds nearby in my 85 Roc and some lady pulled up next to me in a 2000 Camaro 6 cylinder and asked to see under the hood, i decided id show her, and her exact words to me "Nothing special, its a 6 like mine isnt it...." i wanted to smack her cause i got the stroker and our engines LOOKED NOTHING ALIKE! Not one bit! We pulled out and she got up next to me at the light, i just smoked the tires and flew and left her in the dust. Still see her every know and then. funny thing was shes like mid 30's and im 18!
        "Keep your Wheels a spinnin and the beavers a grinnin!"

My G Ride:
        1985 Chevy Camaro
        383 Stroker
        Edelbrock Performer Carb, Edelbrock 6089 Aluminum Heads, Speedpro 4000 series Cam, KB pistons, Chromemoly Rings, Rollertip Rocker Arms, Holley Fuel Pump, Headers (w/ y-pipe), Torker II Manifold, Comp Magnum Roller Rockers, 4:11 Posi Rear, 700R4 Trans with reverse manual valve body w/ B&M Mega Shifter, & NOS
        My car @ Cardomain

Comment

It sticks up off the back of their head like a spoiler.
          ROTFL That's the best one yet!
          2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
          buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
          Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            My favorites are the guys that wear a visor backwards and upside down. It sticks up off the back of their head like a spoiler.
            They are just rebels without a clue

Comment

I think its funny when "gangsta" wannabees wear shorts that go all the way down to their ankles. And wear shirts that are 3 times to big for them. LOL
              1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                HAHAHAHAHA, i had a friend that did that. We made fun of him so much, but he just wouldn't stop wearing it like that.
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                  HAHAHAHAHA, i had a friend that did that. We made fun of him so much, but he just wouldn't stop wearing it like that.
                  Maybe it creates downforce and allows them to run around corners faster?
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
                  X