new msd box yet again.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new msd box yet again.....

ok this is the 3rd msd box. it runs fine on the stock ignition. i decided to mount it inside on the pass kick panel. did all that wired it up great. rehooked up the map fueler which controls the 3 injectors at the t.b for the blower. tried to crank it a few times saw that there was a wire i missed. then i hooked everythin up again. the car cranked then turned but didnt sound like it was running on all cylinders as well as obviously running rich with black smoke coming from the exhaust. decided to pull the plugs- pulled the plugs; were totally black as well as having a fuel smell on them. the rear spark plug wire we also noticed had heat damage from the outside leaning up against the header. the wire pulled right apart from the boot when i tried to remove it. im pretty sure the plugs and that rear pass side bank spark plug wire is what fouled up the car. it would start but i would have to give it gas to run or else it would die. but it is obviously getting spark since it turned over. so im pretty sure this is a wire/ spark plug issue what do you guys think?

Originally posted by paxton350
    ok this is the 3rd msd box. it runs fine on the stock ignition. i decided to mount it inside on the pass kick panel. did all that wired it up great. rehooked up the map fueler which controls the 3 injectors at the t.b for the blower. tried to crank it a few times saw that there was a wire i missed. then i hooked everythin up again. the car cranked then turned but didnt sound like it was running on all cylinders as well as obviously running rich with black smoke coming from the exhaust. decided to pull the plugs- pulled the plugs; were totally black as well as having a fuel smell on them. the rear spark plug wire we also noticed had heat damage from the outside leaning up against the header. the wire pulled right apart from the boot when i tried to remove it. im pretty sure the plugs and that rear pass side bank spark plug wire is what fouled up the car. it would start but i would have to give it gas to run or else it would die. but it is obviously getting spark since it turned over. so im pretty sure this is a wire/ spark plug issue what do you guys think?
    Why is it running so rich? Are those extra 3 fuel injectors adding too much extra fuel?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by paxton350
      ...black smoke coming from the exhaust. decided to pull the plugs- pulled the plugs; were totally black as well as having a fuel smell on them. the rear spark plug wire we also noticed had heat damage from the outside leaning up against the header. the wire pulled right apart from the boot when i tried to remove it. im pretty sure the plugs and that rear pass side bank spark plug wire is what fouled up the car. it would start but i would have to give it gas to run or else it would die. but it is obviously getting spark since it turned over. so im pretty sure this is a wire/ spark plug issue what do you guys think?
      Yeah, you need to straighten up the plugs & wires, obviously. But, how are you tuning the car? and how are you logging the data? What year is this car? and what engine? I noticed you have LS1 injectors - do you have a LS1 or are these in a LT1, and if so, did you adjust for them in the PCM?

Comment

Working...
      X