third gen exhaust problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• third gen exhaust problem.

Okay, I through an engine in my camaro, a 350 with a driverside dipstick. The original 3rd gen 305 had a passenger side dipstick. I got headers for it that were made to fit the 305...right side dipstick. so now the headers interfere with the left hand side dipstick tube.
    here is the other problem, the headers don't exactly bolt right up to the stock exhaust, so I was forced to put the original manifolds back on, just to drive it to the shop to have full exahust fabricated using the headers I bought, but the same problem...interference between exhaust manifold and dipstick....
    any suggestions?
    82 camaro x2:
    82 z28 w/ 305 (for now) 4 speed saginaw
    82 berrlinetta with 350 .060 over...3 speed auto

The Z28 is back under the knife, after the transmission, now its the entire engine....will post pics when all finished.

I think you can buy flexible dipstick tubes and dipsticks. I don't know where, but I have heard of people doing this because of similar problems like yours. Sorry I'm not of much help .
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

The flex tubes work I had an older 350 in my 89 for a week and I bought mine at the local parts store.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror