tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tires

anyone use the nitto NT 555 R drag radials everyday?i have 17'9 rims and i was going to run 275-40-17 and then 245-45-17 up front? does this sound good i was gonna go with the NT 555 extreme performance tires up front.

wuts a good tire besides these, moderatly priced, soft, but usable everyday on the street?

wut about the g-forces?
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

I thought Nittos dont come in 275?
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Why use a 275/40-17 in the rear, and a 275/45-17 up front? Why not go with 275/40s all around?

I just bought some NT 555s for my Z -- not the 555R. Pics in this thread. Anyway, I was asking similar questions.. do a search on my username if you wanna see what others have written. Nittos have been good to me thus far. Last night was the first time I 'used' them for real. Long story, but I won, and the tires didn't even chirp (rolling start, but full throttle up to 90).

Let us know what you end-up getting and post a pic or two.
      http://encoding.n3.net <--- for all your DVD and audio CD "backup" needs

Comment

I use the nitto drags on the rear for everyday street duty. They are the best hooking street tire IMOP. THey wear fast, but thats the trade off.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
        X