Low oil light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low oil light

Some times when i start my car, the low oil light comes on. I checked the dipstick (haha funny word ) with the car runnin and it reads at the normal operating level. Also if i turn the car on and turn it of for a second then turn it back on, the light will go out. The car doent drive any differently it just get annoying and i wanna know what it could be. I will probably just cahange out the oil this week and see what that does. If you guys got any clue throw em at me.

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
    Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

LT1, im not sure if this will help. My mother has a new Pontiac Grand Am (roughly 96 - 98, i dunno) well her check oil light comes on as well, we found out that there is a code on the computer that keeps comming on, no matter how many times you change the oil or what not it still came on. and of course our local Pep Boys could erase it, funny thing was you couldnt just disconnect the battery to erase it, because we tried that lol. hope this helped if at all.

Mike
    "Keep your Wheels a spinnin and the beavers a grinnin!"

My G Ride:
    1985 Chevy Camaro
    383 Stroker
    Edelbrock Performer Carb, Edelbrock 6089 Aluminum Heads, Speedpro 4000 series Cam, KB pistons, Chromemoly Rings, Rollertip Rocker Arms, Holley Fuel Pump, Headers (w/ y-pipe), Torker II Manifold, Comp Magnum Roller Rockers, 4:11 Posi Rear, 700R4 Trans with reverse manual valve body w/ B&M Mega Shifter, & NOS
    My car @ Cardomain

Comment

The low oil level sensor may be fouled. When you do your next oil change, remove and clean the sensor with all the electrical connections and see if that works. If not, time for a new sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        The low oil level sensor may be fouled. When you do your next oil change, remove and clean the sensor with all the electrical connections and see if that works. If not, time for a new sensor.

Yup....mine does the same thing. Ive lived with it for a while. Anybody know what a new sensor runs?
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
        X