oil all over the under body of car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil all over the under body of car

Guys, I need some suggestions, ive got an LT1 with the 6speed manual and the underbody of my car is just drenched with oil. It is a slow leak cause i never have to really add oil in between oil changes, but im not sure where the leak is coming from. Is this like a rear main seal leak? is it expensive to fix and is it common and a recall on fbodies by any chance?

Second problem..... My rear hatch on my firebird wont open with the switch in the dashboard. only with my key. as well. my windshield wipers broken, When i use them for rain its fine, but when i turn them off they do one more swipe up the windshield to get ready to put themselves away and then they just stop at the top of my windshield so they are restricting my view? are the two problems linked cause it is like one happened then the other..... Please help me out if anyone knows what could be wrong with all the problems. Thanks

Re: oil all over the under body of car

Originally posted by 97formulaws6
    Guys, I need some suggestions, ive got an LT1 with the 6speed manual and the underbody of my car is just drenched with oil. It is a slow leak cause i never have to really add oil in between oil changes, but im not sure where the leak is coming from. Is this like a rear main seal leak? is it expensive to fix and is it common and a recall on fbodies by any chance?
    Could be the rear main, but also could be the rear of the intake manifold - usually on the pass side near the angle where it meets the head...

Second problem..... My rear hatch on my firebird wont open with the switch in the dashboard. only with my key.
    Don't know - Does it make a servo noise like it's trying to open? Might have to troubleshoot it with a DVM and see where the signal is getting lost - check the switch, wiring, motor, etc.

as well. my windshield wipers broken, When i use them for rain its fine, but when i turn them off they do one more swipe up the windshield to get ready to put themselves away and then they just stop at the top of my windshield so they are restricting my view? are the two problems linked cause it is like one happened then the other..... Please help me out if anyone knows what could be wrong with all the problems. Thanks
    I'm thinking it is the park circuit in the windshield wiper motor.

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4013/ol.html

oil leak.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Dirty bird

Yeah I got all aquainted with the underside of my car after I did the Transgo and plugs and wires.

So what if the underside is oily from the intake leak.

I'll keep an eye on mine and fix it if it gets worse.

Just keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Are you using a Mobil 1 oil FILTER too? I've had problems with those before.

Did you make sure the parking brake was ON when you tried the hatch. I think that makes a difference. Could be wrong or something else though.
          1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean 94z28

Did you make sure the parking brake was ON when you tried the hatch. I think that makes a difference. Could be wrong or something else though.
            Actually, the driver's door must be open. It could also be a defective door jamb switch. It was originally designed so that someone couldn't just reach through your open window and pop the trunk by using the button, they would have to open the door thereby setting off the alarm if activated.

Comment

huh?

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              Actually, the driver's door must be open. It could also be a defective door jamb switch. It was originally designed so that someone couldn't just reach through your open window and pop the trunk by using the button, they would have to open the door thereby setting off the alarm if activated.
              when did they start doing that? the camaro doesn't do that, and its an 87. last check it wasn't tampered with, but we did disconnect the lift motor so it unlocks but you must lift it manually.
              http://www.sounddomain.com/id/magnetheadz28

Kenwood Krc-335(soon to be HU)]
              Kenwood Kdc-c669 (soon to be cd changer)
              Lanzar Vibe 418 (subwoofer amp)
              Lanzar Vibe 218 (6x9 amp)
              Subwoofers: bazooka EL1204

Comment

Here the real deal.

The trunk switch below the dash will become inoperable after about 30 seconds after closing the door. After that you have to open the door then press the button. Also the rear hatch will not open unless the transmission is in park on an auto. trans. car.
                ie. you cant open the hatch while the trans is in gear.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Re: Here the real deal.

Originally posted by SteveH95Formula
                  The trunk switch below the dash will become inoperable after about 30 seconds after closing the door.
                  That's cool.... didn't know that. ya learn something every day.

Comment

Working...
                  X