Header Gaskets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header Gaskets

I was looking at the gaskets that came with my headers and noticed that they seemed to be just made of rubber. Will that hold up to the heat? Do I need to coat them with anything? My headers are pacesetter by the way.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

id go out and get some FEL-PRO gaskets or a good quality gasket. thats one thing i only want to do once.
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
      id go out and get some FEL-PRO gaskets or a good quality gasket. thats one thing i only want to do once.

Amen to that! Ive never had a problem with Fel-pros, they are time tested on my 400 block! rubber gaskets suck! The last thing you want is a header leak, smokin up your engine bay and interior. its a Power drain too.
      1986 Trans Am 5.0 TPI, stock for the very moment.

1979 10 ann. Trans Am, 400 4 bbl bored .030 flat top speed pro pistons, edelbrock performer heads and intake. mild cam. Lookin to make her fuel injected!

HOOAH!

Comment

Where do I get a fel-pro and will it fit pacesetter LT's? How much?
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Originally posted by 94 formula
          Where do I get a fel-pro and will it fit pacesetter LT's? How much?
          Many auto parts stores, Summit, JEG's. Just make sure you get the specific part for the LT1, which has a "D" port configuration. The part # is 1406. I've also had excellent results with the Mr. Gasket Copper ultra-seal header gaskets.

You also might want to upgrade the bolts. Stage 8 locking bolts, or ARP 12-points.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
            Many auto parts stores, Summit, JEG's. Just make sure you get the specific part for the LT1, which has a "D" port configuration. The part # is 1406. I've also had excellent results with the Mr. Gasket Copper ultra-seal header gaskets.

You also might want to upgrade the bolts. Stage 8 locking bolts, or ARP 12-points.
            I've heard some horror stories about copper gaskets, word is they leak after awhile.
            1986 Trans Am 5.0 TPI, stock for the very moment.

1979 10 ann. Trans Am, 400 4 bbl bored .030 flat top speed pro pistons, edelbrock performer heads and intake. mild cam. Lookin to make her fuel injected!

HOOAH!

Comment

Working...
            X