nfb- The Passion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb- The Passion

I'm sure everyone is a little sick of hearing about this movie, so I totally understand if you refuse to reply and let this thread slowly move it's way down the thread page and die with the other threads, but I just need a few answers since I am not a huge church goer. I just saw the movie lastnight and knew who and what was happening for the most part, but I didn't understand what or who the devil was holding at one point in the movie. It looked like a bald child but had a face of something really weird... Any ideas would be nice. I was also wondering who the man was that helped Jesus bring the cross to the hill. Lastly what was the significants of the devil screaming after Jesus had died. Thanks in advance and if no one feels like replying... I totally understand.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

I was wondering all of those things too.
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Good questions, this site will give you the answers:

http://b8.ezboard.com/bfansofthepassionofthechrist

The devil is screaming because (copied from one of the posts):

Jesus message is clear:

I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades. Rev 1:18

Jesus defeated the devil in Hades (hell) and took the keys from him. He now rules!

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
        I'm sure everyone is a little sick of hearing about this movie, so I totally understand if you refuse to reply and let this thread slowly move it's way down the thread page and die with the other threads, but I just need a few answers since I am not a huge church goer. I just saw the movie lastnight and knew who and what was happening for the most part, but I didn't understand what or who the devil was holding at one point in the movie. It looked like a bald child but had a face of something really weird... Any ideas would be nice. I was also wondering who the man was that helped Jesus bring the cross to the hill. Lastly what was the significants of the devil screaming after Jesus had died. Thanks in advance and if no one feels like replying... I totally understand.
        I did not look very long at the above site, but I have a couple ideas that friends and I have discussed......

As for the child, there are a couple of possibilities from my point of view. One idea is that while Satan is tempting Christ to walk away from the cross (because he could have just walked away) he shows Him that even he (Satan) cares for his child better than God the Father cares for His Son (Jesus). So, the relationship of Satan and his child is depicted as a loving relationship until you get close up and see it for what it is......a gruesome, digusting child.

The second, probably more reasonable interpretation is that its a depiction of the anti-christ, mentioned in Revelation. This person will rise up as a head of a one-world government and everyone will love him at first. Then, he will be revealed as the anti-christ, the spawn of Satan.

The last part - Satan screams at the end because he knows he has been defeated. Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to Father but by Me." So, it was in the plan for CHrist to die, so that we have access to the Father in heaven, despite our position in sin. Satan knew this the whole time and was angered when Christ yelled "It is finished!" Because, it was - at that point your sin debt was paid.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

After reading through the above sites and some other forums, I totally agree with your thoughts. What a great movie, has brought me closer to something I really was never as close as I wanted to be. Good Stuff.

There are some many cool symbols in this movie. I may put it in again tonight.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
          Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
            After reading through the above sites and some other forums, I totally agree with your thoughts. What a great movie, has brought me closer to something I really was never as close as I wanted to be. Good Stuff.

There are some many cool symbols in this movie. I may put it in again tonight.
            There is A LOT of symbolism in the movie. It helps trememdously to read the scriptures that go along with it. You get much more from the film when they are fresh. You can read the the accounts of his crucifixion in all the gospels - Mathew, MArk, Luke and John, but probably the most important is to read the prophetic scriptures in Isaiah (mainly chap 52, but there are many more). These were written BEFORE Jesus ever lived and prohesied the crucifixion.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
              You get much more from the film when they are fresh. You can read the the accounts of his crucifixion in all the gospels - Mathew, MArk, Luke and John, but probably the most important is to read the prophetic scriptures in Isaiah (mainly chap 52, but there are many more). These were written BEFORE Jesus ever lived and prohesied the crucifixion.

see i try to read that stuff..like the statement posted above a few posts up but all it does is confuse me

Jesus message is clear:

I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades. Rev 1:18

Jesus defeated the devil in Hades (hell) and took the keys from him. He now rules!

what does that all mean?? also i know this if OT but it has been buggin me for awhile...what does it mean that jesus came back to life..didnt he die for our sins..but if he comes back to life thats not a real big sacrafice is it?? i am throughly confused! lol i know im slow

Comment

Originally posted by Mike71
                see i try to read that stuff..like the statement posted above a few posts up but all it does is confuse me

Jesus message is clear:

THis is Jesus speaking. He is basically claiming that he has risen and has defeated death. Without Christ, we get what we deserve - death (For the wages of sin is death ROM 6:23). His sacrifice has won it all.

Originally posted by Mike71
                what does it mean that jesus came back to life..didnt he die for our sins..but if he comes back to life thats not a real big sacrafice is it??
                Well, first, you saw His sacrifice in the movie. Considering He didnt deserve ANY of it (as He is sinless) it was an outstanding sacrifice. If someone just committed the most haneous murder, would you be willing to take the electric chair in his place? Because God is PERFECT, He looks on our sin much like you would look on a horrible murder, yet he saved us anyways...... suffering much worse than an electric chair. We DESERVED that death, but Christ took our place.

Heres a few verses that speak about why Christ had to have been raised from the dead: 1 Corinthians 15:17-23

17And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and you are still under condemnation for your sins. 18In that case, all who have died believing in Christ have perished! 19And if we have hope in Christ only for this life, we are the most miserable people in the world.
                20But the fact is that Christ has been raised from the dead. He has become the first of a great harvest of those who will be raised to life again.
                21So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, Adam, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man, Christ. 22Everyone dies because all of us are related to Adam, the first man. But all who are related to Christ, the other man, will be given new life. 23But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised first; then when Christ comes back, all his people will be raised.

Comment

Working...
                X