Its kinda weird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its kinda weird

The WS6 Trans Am was bult in limited numbers, how many I don't know. But it seems that there are more WS6 owners on here than normal Trans Am owners.
    1997 Trans Am WS6
    6 speed transmition
    Flow Master cat back
    other than that its stock

this is my logic, while there are less WS6 cars, there are probably more guys that really care about the car in the driver seat of a WS6 than a regular TA, so more of the WS6 drivers would be on here. and dont quote me as saying that all regular TA drivers dont care im just saying that most guys that really know the cars and care and can afford will drive a WS6.
    -ken-
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

there are a ton of T/A's in the hands of folks that know nothing about the "f" body......and could care less about forums. bottom line.

sad too.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

on this forum...yes..more WS6's than TA's...

but in life...I see 4 TA's out of 5...and that 1 WS6 I usually see is driven by a woman...

out of the 5 WS6 I see....4 are woman owned (or at least I see a woman driving it)

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Is there anywhere to find out how many WS6 were made for each year? I have an 89 and I have never seen another 89 to my knowledge. I've seen "a" 88' and there is probably 10 WS6 in my town that are newer (98+) even two Anniversary editions in a town of 5000 people.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade
          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I wish i had the problem of seeing too many WS6's. Around my area, i have many honda's with folger's cans and 900 foot wings with nitrous and boost gauges on naturally aspirated engines. I also have a couple 3rd gen camaros with the most ridiculous paint jobs, and literally foot tall wings on the hatch. There are a couple WS6's by me. One of them i see all the time, an '02, it has 20' sprewell's and a horrible exhaust leak. Another one i saw was another 98+, all black, but it has a wing on top of the spoiler as well . Why!?!? Give the car to me. I have a 95 t/a with 108,000 miles on it, and i baby it to the point where any gf i've ever had gets jealous! Other than my car, there is only 1 other t/a i see where it's actually taken care of. Wow, i've definitely come to a realization....it pretty much sucks where i live
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
              I have a 95 t/a with 108,000 miles on it, and i baby it to the point where any gf i've ever had gets jealous!
              Sounds like me and my GFs till I got married and now my wife hates my car because she thinks I love it more

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
              Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
              6.2L/382.97 ci
              Custom PROM Dyno tuned
              WCT-5 speed
              BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
              Boss MS 18" Rims
              Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
              Custom Dual exhaust
              1LE upgrade
              Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
              In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I never really see either. When i do see a Firebird, it's usually just the base model. Around here, there's probably at least 12 Camaro's for every Firebird and at least 35 Mustangs for every Firebird. When i do see Formula's and Trans Am's, i get all excited but they're NEVER A WS6. I have a 6th sense. I somehow always look over to the other side of the parkway just as a Firebird passes. I'm even happier that i have my Trans Am now. Everyone else has a Z/28 (not that there's anything wrong with that).
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                  Wow, i've definitely come to a realization....it pretty much sucks where i live
                  Yeah, but youse guys from Cicero are TOUGH! Back in the 20s, Cicero was the headquarters for Johnny Torrio's crime syndicate, and his lieutenant, Al Capone and brother Frank Capone. Cicero was famous for crooked cops & politicians, voter fraud, and for openly defying the prohibition laws by having 160 open bars and 800 armed gangsters to protect them. The corruption continued into the 40s & 50s. I don't think nothing like that ever happened in my town...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                    Yeah, but youse guys from Cicero are TOUGH! Back in the 20s, Cicero was the headquarters for Johnny Torrio's crime syndicate, and his lieutenant, Al Capone and brother Frank Capone. Cicero was famous for crooked cops & politicians, voter fraud, and for openly defying the prohibition laws by having 160 open bars and 800 armed gangsters to protect them. The corruption continued into the 40s & 50s. I don't think nothing like that ever happened in my town...
                    My grandfather actually knew capone's brother. Al's old apartment is literally about 3 or 4 blocks from my house also. But its nothing like that anymore. The corruption is still very much there, just in a more suttle way. It's mainly the people who live there that makes it an annoying place to live. It's all gangs now, and theyre not even tough. They're just dumb. That's why i got my t/a, so i can get out of that town really fast at my leisure whenever i feel like it
                    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                    X