Trans-Go or Shift Tune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans-Go or Shift Tune

No it's not a new chart topping song....Please enlighten me with your feedback to this question.

Should I get the Trans-Go kit for my car for firmer shifts or should I get a PCM tune from PCM4Less for firmer shifts? I have heard this go both ways, so I am unsure which is best. If PCM4Less is the answer, I would probably look into getting the cable so I can download updates after I do additional mods. I don't believe the PCM4Less tune is going to net me too much right now with my current mods. Right?
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

It depends on what your looking to do. You can only do so much with a PCM tune. I dont know about PCM for less, but I have messed with shift points with a hypertech programmer and it allows you change shift points and raise line pressure a bit for a firmer shift, but only to certain degree. If your looking for a much firmer shift, I would go with a transgo shift kit.

The advantage to the PCM for less option is that you can modify other parameters besides the transmission in the same tune.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I have to trans go kit. I love it. When i get the rpm's up to like 3000 the car shifts awesome and really hard. I wouldnt do a hypertech or pcm tune. Get the trans go kit
      tom
      1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

do the shift kit now, then when you're ready for a tuning, they can tailor the tune to your tranny/shift kit and you'll have both!
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

My vote is for the trans go shift kit. I get really hard firm shifts, and i love it!
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
          X