putting z06's on my camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting z06's on my camaro

Hi, I just recently ordered some z06 replicas for my 1995 camaro. I got them through a friend of mine so i got a very good deal. They are 17x9.5, with a 53mm offset i believe. I took my old wheel off and put one of them on without the tire to see how it fits. It seems very close to the arm, and I was just wondering if a 9.5" wheel can fit on a camaro with no modifications to make it fit. Thanks

Yes, they should fit without any problems at all. My buddy with a 95 z too has zr1 17x9.5's and his were perfectly fine.
    tom
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

alright thanks, i guess im gonna have the tires mounted tomorrow

Comment

My data from VETTE magazine shows the factory Z06 17x9.5 with a 54mm offset. I've run 17x9.5's with offsets ranging from 49mm (OZ Monte Carlo) to 56mm (current ZR1 replicas) and no problems. Yes, the inside edge of the wheel is very close to the steering knuckle, but that space can never change, so that's all that it needs.

Where people sometimes find a problem, putting later model GM wheels on pre-1997 F-Bodys is an interference between the raised portion of the rear axle hub and the inside diameter of the wheel. If you find an interference, its just a matter of lightly sanding the inner diameter of the wheel to clear the hub.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanks for the info man

Comment

Working...
          X