this may be a dumb question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this may be a dumb question

been looking at a ws6 for quite a while now and the other day i saw a firehawk for sell for a rather insane price. I'm a lil hesitant about the whole deal, but its too good to pass up. I'm going to check it out tomarrow.

What i need to know is a few very easy ways to make sure this is a real firehawk and not a regular TA with a sticker and a firehawk hood. Is there something in the RPO codes that says its a firehawk? Can someone tell me where to find some good pics of the LT1 and LS1, so i can compare?

I need to know things befor i check it out. i will be doing my own research tonight but if anyone knows a quick way to tell the difference it would help me alot.

option codes should be on the door jamb, glove box or center concole depending on year. What year is this firehawk? Look for option codes R6V, or WU6. Those are some firehawk codes, but there are different ones too depending on year. Those are the only ones I have off hand, I'll keep looking.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

just found this on www.firehawk.net Good site, check it out...

All* Firehawks have a option code:

B4U : 1991-1992
      R6V : 1993-1997
      WU6 : 1999-2002

This RPO code can be found with the other option codes listed on a sticker in the glove box or the passenger side door jam.

If you have the VIN this page may help finding the build number and also if it is a true Firehawk:

http://www.firehawk.org/article.html?ID=2747

* 1997 LT4 Firehawks do not have the R6V code and the only way is to verify them is via the VIN
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

its a '99, and thank you very much. you have been very helpful.

Comment

Working...
        X