i am going to put it up for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am going to put it up for sale

I was going to store my love of my life during my duties in Iraq...545 days, 18months. I was driving out of my fiance's apartment, behind a friend of hers, and she noticed my T/A. Well come to find out, her fiance has been wanting a 97 for years. He hasn't found a black, low miles 6-spd around here. Sooo i told her $9500 and its his. I don't really want to sell it, but if I can get every penny back from it, then i will. When I come back I will use that money to buy a LS1 WS6 6-spd. I will not have to worry comming back 18months later if my car will run. Its a better deal for my car and me. However, if he is a punk kid, then I will not sell it him.

I figure the car in 18months might be worth $7500 at the most maybe $8000. So I think this might be a good trade off. A 98 WS6 with around 50-65k should cost around $9k on ebay in a year and a half...in the winter that is.

Does this sound smart?
    2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

To me it sounds like a good plan. I would love to upgrade to a LS1 myself but I dont think I could sell my baby. It's a tough decision that you should really make on your own but I think if you have a plan for when you get back, than it is a good desicion. Sounds like you have things worked out and in the end you will have an LS1
    97 SS #C007
    Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
    SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me.......and if your saving $$$ while youre away, you can afford to do some nice mods to it also. If my car wasnt modded like it is, I would trade it for an LS1 WS6 anyday!
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

It definitely sounds like a good plan to me. You're getting a nice amount of $$$ for your ride, and by the time you get back, you're going to have something that is newer and faster You can't go wrong with that!
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me too. But when u get ur new car, i would get a 99 and newer t/aws6. I have heard that the 98's had alot of recalss. I may not be right no this but this is what i have heard.
          tom
          good luck and god bless in iraq.
          1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

The only differences I heard were that the 01 and 02's had a hotter cam and weren't there LS6 intakes on some?
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
            X