anything to know???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anything to know???

okay now that ive got the gas milage thing figured....iis there anything in the modle year im going to be lookin at (94-97) Z28 that i should watch out for such as problem areas??also scince im buying in canada is there anywheres they rust that i should be lookin for? (i know the front fenders and a few other things are plastic)

Originally posted by nick
    okay now that ive got the gas milage thing figured....iis there anything in the modle year im going to be lookin at (94-97) Z28 that i should watch out for such as problem areas??also scince im buying in canada is there anywheres they rust that i should be lookin for? (i know the front fenders and a few other things are plastic)
    they aren't really "plastic" they are composit. and there is no problems with them.

the intake manifold oil leak is the one thing you need to check for. its simple to do...

take a folded piece of paper towel...about 2" x 2"..and open the hood... lean waaaaaaaaaay over the motor on the left side... reach back in front of the egr tube at the left rear corner of the motor..and dab the area where the intake seats on the motor. if you got oil on that paper towel..... the intake leak is there. its not serious..but its expsensive if you dont fix it yourself. have the person get it fixed........properly....or have them deduct the cost of repair from the asking price. get a quote from a local gm dealer.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

See if the optispark distributor has been replaced, thats another common failure, especially on the earlier ones.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
      X