future mod's mucho dinero :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future mod's mucho dinero :)

i want more power like everyone i guess . i was pointed in the direction of the LT4 conversion package. has anyone installed this set-up ? anyone have it at less than summit $2,289.99 is that a good deal ? any gm dealerships have a package deal like it ? i know i will need to add a custom pc program + Timing Chain Heavy Duty Double Roller but what about a larger fuel pump or 30 lbs./Hour Fuel Injectors or msd box ? help point me in the right direction . dont want to waste time and MONEY . oh i'm looking for my headers alredy..some slp shorties...
    thanks,
    eddie

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...lt4+conversion
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Ive done the conversion, however Ive got a few more cubic inches too and the heads are mildly ported, so im running 30 lb injectors. You can get away with stock injectors, but a reprogramming is necessary. The fuel pump will be taxed. I ran my stock pump for some time, but it was pushing it. I upgraded to a Walbro 255lph. You should also look into a bigger throttle body, ported MAF and headers/exhaust. With these extras you could expect around 400+ H.P.

As far as the price, I dont know anyone cheaper.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

If your going to put the money into all that then you may as well go with LT headers or atleast a good pair of mid length. I may be wrong but from what I've been told shorties don't have long enough primaries to make that big of a difference over manifolds. I'm sure about anything is better than a stock LT1 manifold but when you start putting that much money in your car and getting that much power a good set of LT's will do a lot more than shorties.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

AS&M Mid-Lengths and a Random Tech Y-Pipe would make for a great exhaust w/ no clearance issues! You could get a Pete Jackson timing set with the idler gears if you go with an Electric Water pump. This set is stronger than the LT4 Heavy duty set, and costs about half the price!
        1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by 94 formula
          If your going to put the money into all that then you may as well go with LT headers or atleast a good pair of mid length. I may be wrong but from what I've been told shorties don't have long enough primaries to make that big of a difference over manifolds. I'm sure about anything is better than a stock LT1 manifold but when you start putting that much money in your car and getting that much power a good set of LT's will do a lot more than shorties.
          SLP Shorties are midlength, and they are much, much better than the stock manifolds. They are also stainless and you can get them in 1 3/4", although I would go smaller for a NA car. They're not without their problems, though - they have separate flanges for the ports and they are usually uneven. I sanded mine for 4 hours on a belt sander to get them even - very tough with stainless steel. There's also that ridiculous $100 install kit which you need to get the EGR tube and there's minimal clearance between the crossmember and the left collector. But, other than that, they are a nice set - they are a slip fit onto a Random cat - so no welding required. LTs are better for tuning and more torqy usually, but then you have ground clearance problems and might need some custom y-pipe work. If you're really going to go racing, then the LTs are what you want. There's a lot of power in getting the collector length just right, so just bolting on the LTs isn't always the end of the job.

I would check at Pace Performance for the LT4 kit - it might be cheaper than Summit, but I haven't checked into it in a long time. Unless you ditch the water pump for an electric unit, you're stuck with the expensive LT1/LT4 timing sets, which are single roller.

Comment

Working...
          X