More questions......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More questions......

I'm gettin ready to change my belt and belt tensioner on my 97 T/A. Are there any tricks in doing it? How big of job is it? Aren't there like specs on it?
    Also, when you have ur cats takin off, does the computer need reprogrammed?
    Thanks,
    Jason

If you remove the cats on an OBD-II car, the rear O2 sensors will detect their absence and set a code in the PCM and turn on the SES light. In order to avoid this, you need simulators, or "sims" that plug into the harness in place of the after-cat O2 sensors.

Really not much to be gained by removing the cats. I built an 800HP nitroused stroker, and kept all the emissions stuff intact, just opting for dual 3" high-flow cats in place of the single cat my 94 came with - technically a violation of Federal law, can't change the number or location, but it passed rolling emissions.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

i already have the o2 sims.
      just wondering if anything else was needed for the computer

Comment

Working...
      X