Alternator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator

I've gone thru several alternators since I've had my car, but this is a little odd. My alternator's making a whinding noise as if my car's super charged, especially when I'm shifting gears at high rpm's. In a way it's pretty cool, but I know it's time to replace it.

I went over to www.gmpartsdirect.com and got a price of $192.55 shipped (item # 10463680). I wanna stick with AC Delco. I don't trust those Pep Boy one's, I've had problems with them before.

Is this a good price? Can I get it anywhere else cheaper?
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Well DJ, this is not the cheaper option but it may be the best; this site has tech section and a pretty good e-mail costumer support, at least

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/index.html

Take care
    Doc
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

I experience the same thing with the Powermaster alternator I have. It doesn't shake or anything and the alternator produces more than enough amps and volts. I think with the Powermaster it might be normal, but not the stock Delco unit. Just something to think about. I would still pay the little extra and go with the Powermaster unit...esp. if you want a chrome unit
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Mine has been making that noise for many, many miles and it's a stock delco. Just for kicks, have you pulled the belt and run it to make sure it isn't the water pump?

Comment

That price seems good to me considering Dal's price is $213.90 on his website. You might email him though he might beat GM Parts Direct's price.

lockitup@bright.net

Comment

[QUOTE=DJ Taso]My alternator's making a whinding noise as if my car's super charged, especially when I'm shifting gears at high rpm's.[QUOTE]

Mine too...I know it'll puke before I know it...but it's pretty cool...it's even louder with your AC on...at least it is in mine

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
            X