Big Wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Wheels

I know that some discussion has graced this board about putting 18" wheels on F-bodies. Here is a motor trend article about large aftermarket wheels:

Hey there, big wheel

I'll go with 17 inchers when I make my move up

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Originally posted by RangerBob
    I know that some discussion has graced this board about putting 18" wheels on F-bodies. Here is a motor trend article about large aftermarket wheels:

Hey there, big wheel

I'll go with 17 inchers when I make my move up

Bob
    The article discusses an SUV going from an 18" wheel to a 23" wheel.

A sports car is totally different in the way it is setup from the factory. Going up a size or two will actually increase performance and ride on a sports car. In fact here is an excerpt from the last page of the article.

"A well-chosen +1 or +2 wheel/tire combo can yield improvements in handling performance to go along with The Look."

Comment

I always thought I would get 17" wheels when I moved up but... A guy in town here bought some wheels for his S10 but could not pay for them. The tire shop was going to take his deposit if he didn't pay up, so the guy told me to pay off the bill and buy im a flat of beer and I could have them. They turned out to be 18" Boss Motorsorts 304. Since I got them I have not noticed any down sides. I have noticed little to no loss in ride comfort, less wheel spin and a reduction in weight. I matched the rims whith a set of 4 245/40/18 Federal SS959s which gave me the same overall height as my stock 245/50/16s (+/- .3 % I think) Overall I am very happy with the 18" Rims

SS959

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

When is somebody gonna put some 24" spinners on a real Yenko? I'm dying to see that
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
          When is somebody gonna put some 24" spinners on a real Yenko? I'm dying to see that
          I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.
          1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
          Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
          Trans: TH700R4
          Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Working...
          X