• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Dwarfing the H2

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...newtruck_x.htm
    Austin Schroeger
    Looking to Buy 1994-97 F-Body

it's just a not-so miniature version of an 18 wheeler.... not what I'd want the soccer moms to get their hands on!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

The thing is 9 feet tall and has a GVWR of 26000. I can't even imagine driving that thing around town. Might as well buy a Peterbilt or Kenworth lol
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

The plus side to it is most people will get outa your way when you want to lane change! I dont know if anyone here has ever driven a Semi but when you hit the signal light and inch over people tend to get HE)) outa your way fast

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Do I hear like 3 miles a gallon.
          1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

I guess we won't be seeing too many of them on the "Washington's Crossing" bridge between PA and NJ. The NJ/PA joint bridge authority has already banned the H2 and a couple other over-weight mostly GM vehicles from using the bridge because of excessive weight and excessive width.
            Enforcement began Monday.

The Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission started Monday to enforce the 3-ton weight limit on the Washington Crossing Bridge.

Drivers of vehicles, including both cars and trucks, that are over the weight limit will be subject to a minimum fine of $85 in New Jersey and a minimum fine of $105 in Pennsylvania.

Frank G. McCartney, executive director of the commission, said state police have been issuing warnings to drivers about the weight restrictions on the bridge since early July.

The superstructure of the Washington Crossing Bridge was first constructed in 1904. The bridge is a six-span double Warren truss structure, with a total length of 877 feet. With a roadway width of 15 feet, the bridge is too narrow to accommodate some of the larger SUVs and trucks without endangering other drivers. Given its limitations, the bridge is currently restricted to a 15-mile per hour speed limit, a 3-ton weight limit, and an 8-foot vertical clearance.

The Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission has provided the State Police with a list of vehicles that have a curb-weight of greater that 3 tons. The list includes 10 vehicles that, under any circumstance, exceed the weight limit for the Washington Crossing Bridge. However, the state police have full discretion to enforce the weight restrictions as they see fit, including issuing tickets to other vehicles that may exceed the weight restrictions based upon their cargo.

The list of 10 includes: Chevrolet Avalanche 2500, Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab SRW/ 3500 Quad Cab DRW, Ford Excursion, GMC Savana Passenger 3500, GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab Long Box, GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab DRW, GMC Sierra 3500 Ext Cab SRW, and Hummer H1, H2 and H2 SUT.

©PACKETONLINE News Classifieds Entertainment Business - Princeton and Central New Jersey 2004
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by purepwrta
              Do I hear like 3 miles a gallon.
              "CXT has a commercial-duty diesel engine good for six to 10 miles per gallon of fuel"

pretty close....

this kind of stuff is just absolutely stupid....

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
              CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Do i hear 3 gallons to the mile lol.
                -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Working...
                X