Racing Stripes - Opinions please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Stripes - Opinions please

What do you guys think of the attached photo? I am contemplating getting these stripes for my '97. Link

The car is black....White or Silver stripes?
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

I personally hate them.
    '83 Z28 Camaro. 350/325HP, 3:73's, comp.cam, hedman headers, 650 carter carb, 1 inch spacer, edelbrock performer, K&N, 3" flowmaster, t-tops, 18" Torq thrust-II's and a big bad 4" cowl.

Comment

I persoanlly would not put them on "My" car but they do look different. I say go with what you like not what we think.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I gotta vote no. Sorry. How maybe just some minor enhancements like the Trans Am decals, and the decal for the bird on the tail light filler panel.

Comment

I could go either way. I certainly don't like the silver on red. If I were going to put those on a black car, my choice would most likely be charcoal graphics. Not enough of a color to scream out, but enough to break up the all black look. I think silver or white would be too bright. Another choice would be gold, like the 10th anniversary firehawk but matching wheels would be a must. I am curious though, I haven't seen this adaptation of the anniversary SS for a Pontiac. Who did these graphics?

Comment

Who did these graphics?
            They have a decent selection for the T/A's but most are Camaro's. T/A Graphics
            2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth

Comment

The only racing stripes I would think about putting on my car would be the ones on the Comp T/A's, just like Ken's which he sold.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Are the vents on the hood functional? The non-ramair
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Are the vents on the hood functional? The non-ramair
                  Nope. Just decorative.

Comment

I'm not a fan of red and silver so i got to say no one this one.
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                    Traded in: 1998 Z28
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

I thought about doing a charcoal metallic or maybe a gold. Never did it though.

96 TA Sold!
                      87 TA Sold!
                      80 Z28 Sold!
                      74 Formula Sold!
                      73 Z28 Sold!
                      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Joe 1320: If I were going to put those on a black car, my choice would most likely be charcoal graphics.
                        Charcoal Stripes (on a "Z")
                        I like the less agressive approach of the charcoal as well.....I hadn't looked at it until you mentioned it Joe; so thanks...thoughts well taken

Comment

Working...
                        X