67 and 68 camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 and 68 camaro

was the only real difference the suicide windows on the doors? if so can i get a 67 and just put 68 doors on it? im not looking to build a numbers matching car or anything. i just want my first gen camaro.
    -ken-
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

To my knowledge, the wing windows on the doors and the hood pieces were the only real difference in the 67 and 68 Camaros. Thus, you can put 68 doors on a 67...again, to my knowledge. Another popular thing is the cowl hood that came on the 69s...always thought it looked awesome. I take it we're going to get a 1st gen? If so...i hate you so very much lol j/k Good luck on it man and take care.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

yep i am thats why i sold the 30th ed. im not sure about the hood because i plan on having a supercharger and i want to scoop to come through.
      ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Ahhhh, gotcha. The original shaker hood lol. Any reason against the 69? That's my personal fav.
        Steve

Comment

Im not a fan of the dash at all. other than that im not against it.
          -ken-
          ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Ahhh, gotcha. So, what motor are you goin' for? 502? 572? lol
            Steve

Comment

actually im probably gonna go with a blown 396.
              ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Oh, you know you wanna stuff a twin-turbo 572/720 under the hood lol
                Steve

Comment

1st gens 4 life!!

Hey i got a 67 camaro, finally another 1st gen!!. well with the diff in the 67 and 68 camaro is obviously the window and also a few other little things like the leaf springs in the 68 go all the to the end of the car and the 67 the springs are a little shorter maybe like 5-6 inches shorter and also some 68 had different side view mirrors and then the seats were different and the parking lights are round in the front on the 67 and the 68 they are rectangular and also on the 68 the tail lights have a chrome molding that separates the reverse light and the break light and thats about it only a few diff. things i also like the 69 alot but ur right the dash sux it looks ugly. wut kind of supercharger r u putting on it ? my ride should be done soon
                  1967 Camaro "Project"
                  1972 Chevelle "454"
                  1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

i dont really know, i havent researched that far yet, what can you suggest?
                    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Well it depepends on how much your gonna be driving the car, if its a weekend warrior then slap a 6-71 on it and make some seriouse power and still be able 2 drivie it on the street although gas wont be cheap, but if u want it 2 be a daily driver it would be better to go with a vortech "centrifugal" supercharger, you can boost more on that than a roots style and it would be easier on gas since u can adjust boost settings or something like that im not 100% sure. have you found any good deals yet?? if you need any help with anything else just let me know, good luck.
                      1967 Camaro "Project"
                      1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

no this will def be a weekend warrior. not a show and shine car tho, this will be a car built to be driven. cus thats what i like to do.
                        ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Awsome!! so go with a roots man and have 2 carbs sticking out of the hood with a bug catcher on it lol. wuts pretty kool is when u get like a 2in cowl hood and cut out a hole in it 4 the blower to stick out , it gives it a really nice look, u can find a cowl hood on ebay for $189 from this place called "tramzas" they make steel and fiberglass hoods depending on what u want and they also make other body panels 4 a good price .
                          1967 Camaro "Project"
                          1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

thanks for the info so far. heres my current problem finding a body. im tryin to find a shell thats either in good shape or already prepped.( i loathe body work) ill do it if i have to(especially for this car) but id rather not. my next thing is i want to start by getting the frame set up. i want to get the chassisworks front end, will the rear be ok. where can i get rear suspension improvements?
                            -ken-
                            ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

well finding a car with no motor or trans is a lil tough but not too hard, the places where you usually find them is on ebayand also on ur local auto trader or bargan trader magazines at gas stations and stuff, most need body work others don't. with rear suspension it depends with wut u want 2 go with maybe a four link suspension (donno wut ur budjet is) but ur going to need subframe connectors, u should check out www.hotchkis.net they might have a few things u need and they also have suspension kits 4 these cars well thats about it ill look around 4 some cars and let u know about them if u want later.

Johan.
                              1967 Camaro "Project"
                              1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

Working...
                              X