first time changing spark plugs on bird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time changing spark plugs on bird

this is the first time that i am changing the spark plugs on my firebird and i understand that it is a lot harder then most cars are to change. So what would be the easiest way to go about changing them since they are not staring you in the face?

thanks
    matt-
    1998 v-6 Firebird, t-tops...
    mods: flowmaster exhaust, K&N air filter, 3.73 gears, cold air induction, whisper lid, ac delco rapidfire spark plugs- running with mobile 1 synthetic

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506859

With the V6 you should have more elbow room, with the V8 I had two guys flexing on top and from the bottom, I think lifting the car will enable more access to the plugs. It helps if you have skinny arms and small hands. I am sure guys here will give you more detailed hints. Good Luck !
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

all the drivers plugs can get reached from the bottom.

Pass. is another story.
      Richard Harvey Jr.
      '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

V6s are easy compared to V8s.

Comment

i heard the v6's were a lot easier then the v8's...So the best way is to lift up the car and go from the underneath??
          1998 v-6 Firebird, t-tops...
          mods: flowmaster exhaust, K&N air filter, 3.73 gears, cold air induction, whisper lid, ac delco rapidfire spark plugs- running with mobile 1 synthetic

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506859

Comment

I've done both a V8 and a V6. The V8 is much harder. with the 6 I got all the drivers side from below, but I had it on my buddy's lift. The passenger back 2 plugs were done from below also. Good luck have a few band aids handy..

Gary94Formula
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

My V6 also had to be put on a lift to get the plugs out. my boyfriend tried one night for 3 hours by usin a jack which wasnt smart to begin with but yea hardheaded guys lol and managed to get one out n back in...needless to say it had to be taken to my uncles garage the next day

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
              **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
              **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

Comment

Working...
              X