New Member with Headlights question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member with Headlights question

Hello All, I used to have a 98 TA that was kick a$$ (300 rwhp, 6-speed) but we had a kid and $400 dollar car payments and $200/mo insurance payments had to go. So I sold the car and have missed it ever since. I wanted another one bad but had to settle for a 97 Firebird V-6. I'm still happy with the purchase as it is a very clean car but has 1 problem.

When you turn the headlights off, the passenger side headlight acts like it catches on something as it goes down and hangs. I have to reopen them, and reclose them maybe 5 times before it shuts. Has anyone else experienced this problem and what was the fix?

Originally posted by blindside
    Hello All, I used to have a 98 TA that was kick a$$ (300 rwhp, 6-speed) but we had a kid and $400 dollar car payments and $200/mo insurance payments had to go. So I sold the car and have missed it ever since. I wanted another one bad but had to settle for a 97 Firebird V-6. I'm still happy with the purchase as it is a very clean car but has 1 problem.

When you turn the headlights off, the passenger side headlight acts like it catches on something as it goes down and hangs. I have to reopen them, and reclose them maybe 5 times before it shuts. Has anyone else experienced this problem and what was the fix?
    need a headlight motor or motor rebuild (its the cog). very common.

www.projecttransam.com has a link for the fix on it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Ok, i read the article but the problem described is not the same one I'm having. I am not getting the grinding sound like the teeth on the gear are stripped. Whe I shut the headlights off you can actually see the headlight tilt inward when it tries to close and gets hung up. Tonight I'll use the manual up/down nob and see whats causing the headlight to tilt when it shuts. Maybe just a missing bolt or something...

Comment

Have it been serviced before???

When I replaced my gears on my headlight...I noticed the samething happening to my passenger side lamp

I tries to close but it get hung up...the culprit...I installed the arm backwards.

If you take a look at the arm on the side of the headlight assembly (actually made up of two piece attached by a bolt) that attches to the motor and the headlight; see if it's faces in the same direction as the other said thats working...maybe somehow the arm got reversed causing it to get caught up...

hope this helps....

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
        X