Are these long tube headers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these long tube headers?

These are the headers I have on my car (except mine are the dual cat). THey are Arizona Speed and Marine headers. They look like shorties and I always thought they were, but they are advertised as long tubes....what gives? Are they a two-piece long tube?

http://www.azspeed-marine.com/as19lt1flotu.html
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Ya, those are Longtube

Comment

Scratch that, they are not the same The headers I have came with the car when I bought it and I thought they were AS&M, but I think I am wrong.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Those don't look like long tubes to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Those don't look like long tubes to me.
          That what I thought.....

Comment

I thought the AS&M headers were mid-length?
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
              These are the headers I have on my car (except mine are the dual cat). THey are Arizona Speed and Marine headers. They look like shorties and I always thought they were, but they are advertised as long tubes....what gives? Are they a two-piece long tube?

http://www.azspeed-marine.com/as19lt1flotu.html
              The headers in your link appear to be mid-lengths. Usually the collector on LT's will extend well past the flexplate or flywheel.

Here are the Jet Hot LT's on a LT1:

Comment

These are the only pics of my headers I could dig up. Its not the best view. Can anyone recognize them? What brand? Im just curious.
                Attached Files

Comment

People tend to call them "mid-lengths". They are not a long tube. They can support significant amounts of power. A friend of mine dyno'd at 850flywheelHP with the AS&M's and in his particular setup, they made better power than Hooker LT's. On the other hand, when he changed the cam and pushed it to 925HP the Hookers made the best power. I took his AS&M's and put them on my car Not a bad deal for $175.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Fred those look similiar to my headers. What do you think? Are they AS&M's?

Comment

These are the only pics of my headers I could dig up. Its not the best view. Can anyone recognize them? What brand? Im just curious.
                      Kinda hard to tell from the pics, but they sure look like AS&M mids. The curve and overall bend of the the #2 primary looks very similar to the AS&M's. The shape of the collector and the air provisions also look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        Kinda hard to tell from the pics, but they sure look like AS&M mids. The curve and overall bend of the the #2 primary looks very similar to the AS&M's. The shape of the collector and the air provisions also look the same.
                        Yea, those are the best pics I had of the headers out of the car I think youre right though........I know the previous owner bought stuff from AS&M as their bumper sticker WAS on the back of my car.

Comment

rksport makes a header that is almost identical to the AS&M and they are a two piece too. Could it be this one??
                          97 SS #C007
                          Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                          SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernSS
                            rksport makes a header that is almost identical to the AS&M and they are a two piece too. Could it be this one??

Those look identical to my headers.......I wonder if there is an easy way to tell the difference?

Comment

Those look identical to my headers.......I wonder if there is an easy way to tell the difference?
                              Sean I am not sure about the AS&M's or the RK Sport's, but most header manufacturers (like Hooker) will put a tag on the #1 primary.

Comment

Working...
                              X