best LT1 cam and R/R set up for....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best LT1 cam and R/R set up for....

best LT1 cam and R/R set up for out on the market for street performance. the hot cam and 1.6 bow tie r/r have been out there for several years.(what about springs push rods ????) i have the basic mods headers - 3 y-pipe - hi flo cat - slp loudmaouth cat back - please look at sig for additional mods. i'm sure there are better cam and r/r set up out there. got about $1,500 to play with. i already have the headers mid lenght ready for the install once i get my cam and r/r. what about electronic water pump or heavy duty timing chain? i will also send out my pcm to get reprogrammed by ed wright....please give me part numbers or web sites for refrence. what would the total cost be ??
    thanks guys,
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

I've have the Comp Cams chromemoly pushrods, which are really good for non-self aligning roller rockers. I don't know but it might be overkill on self-aligning ones though (althought it wouldn't hurt) - p/n 7940-16, ~$115. The CC306 is also a good cam for the LT1, as well as Comp Cams Pro Magnum roller rockers. I purchased the 7/16" non-self aligning ones and would recommend them (but you must buy GM guideplates and hardened pushrods if you go for these or any NSA rocker arms). Also, if you go for 7/16" over 3/8" you'll need new studs as well. These rockers are made of chromemoly, which is much stronger than aluminum. As far as springs, that would depend on your cam. The LT4 ones are cheap and decent, but I wouldn't recommend them with a hot cam. You would proabably want one with a dual spring. Good luck on your project
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
    X