Rough idle Tune up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough idle Tune up

I posted this once before and never did anything [ did not get caught in the rain] anyway my bone stock 97 Z28 is getting a rough idle / misfire only in bad rain storms, I'm thinking of taking it in for plugs wires and a cap and rotor on the opti. My question is if the internal parts on the opti are okay is it okay to just replace the cap and rotor. I ask because the dealer prices are so darn high on the parts and labor for replacing the entire opti. Car now has 75,000
    on it. Never had a problem in the rain before, not getting any SES lights when
    it happens.

Thanks

Cap and rotors at a local shop aren't much less than a full plug and play opti from one of the discount dealers. I believe the last opti i ordered from Jason was $187 for the vented version.

Jason Cromer at Sam Taylor Buick/Cadillac
    staylorservice@cybertron.com
    877-726-8295

Dal Slabaugh at Van DeVere Olds
    lockitup@bright.net
    800-362-9494

As far as the water intrusion, I used dielectric grease on all plug wire boots and my problem like that went away. It was to the point that if i hit a large enough puddle, the car would die and not restart for several minutes, maybe a half hour. As soon as all boots were sealed, (and that means harness connections clean too) no problems.

both of these guys offer substantial savings over your local dealer.

Comment

Working...
    X