Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put K&N FIPK on, WOW, what a difference!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put K&N FIPK on, WOW, what a difference!

Just got my FIPK today and threw it on. It was pretty simple, took under an hour to do, and it's not dirty work, so that's good

I can see now why they say "Not for vehicles with traction control." Is that line that runs near the air filter location the traction control? If it is, it is REALLY close, and it has to be jammed down in there or the hood won't close right. Throttle response is improved GREATLY and i notice my car doesn't run outta breath as fast. I am pulling hard all the way to 5500 RPM. Great investment, I suggest it to all who don't have it.

Hopefully when I throw on my magnaflow catback next week it'll open it up even more
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Oh yeah, that little plastic coupler they include.... Anyone else with a 97 w/ traction control NOT use it? I had no need for it, wouldn't fit with it.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Cool mod.

Was looking into buying this one too until a came across a used ram air hood. The rest is history.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

hehe, yeah, I want that ram air hood too.. I looked at it like this... When I can afford the hood, I'll sell this and get the hood and ram air kit. I could probably resell this kit in a few months for over 100$

Comment

Great first mod, now time for a cat-back exhaust...
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

It's on the list...

Again, anybody else with a 97 traction control car have problems shutting the hood with this setup?? It's hitting the top of the cai tube because it's resting on the traction control thing.

Comment

I was going to do this mod myself until, like Black97, I bought a Ramair hood:

BTW, date on your dig. camera is off
              http://encoding.n3.net <--- for all your DVD and audio CD "backup" needs

Comment

lol, yeah. It's such a bia to set, and it that camera dies so often it isn't worth setting. Once the batteries run out, it resets everything. I think the camera is faulty, drains juice fast. I don't bother setting it

Comment

Working...
                X