NFB: cell phone saves life, stops bullet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: cell phone saves life, stops bullet

ok so i cant get into any details of this, but my cell phone took a healty hit from a 9mm today, you may see this in the news, it may never get there. but i have the phone in hand, a huge friggen bruise, and some pics that i am putting up on web shots.
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Wow, glad you're OK, but I'm confused as to what's going on
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

well here are the phone

pictures twas a fun evening
      2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
      past rides:
      1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
      1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

due to my job, and what happend, until there is an official debrief, and a press release my lips are zipped. it all depends on what charges are brought up on the person if any, and how public the administration wants it to be. its not as bad as it seems, or really criminal, more like complete stupidity on the other persons side of things.
        past rides:
        1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

I'm guessing you are a cop. Man, you need to get on your knees and thank you know who! How close was the 9 fired in proximity to you?

Glad your OK.

Comment

Was the phone up against your head?

dam! That's a shot!

You are a lucky bastard.

edit - also, be thankful you didn't have a newer cell phone. They're all cheap and built poorly, not to mention have lithium batteries that would explode into a fireball hotter than the sun.

This also goes to show that if you carry a weapon for self defense, get something that packs a little more punch than a 9mm
            99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Dang man.. Glad your OK...
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I have special phone-piercing bullets for those cell-addicted motorists who just refuse to play by the rules and drive safely! Just kidding, but I have been known to push a shopping cart into some house husband in the middle of the aisle who just can't pick out a jar of spaghetti sauce without his wife's help, then look at him like it's his fault!

Comment

glad your ok. good pictures. I'm assuming you are a MP? Seeing how its categorized under military?
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                  Traded in: 1998 Z28
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
                    Was the phone up against your head?

dam! That's a shot!

You are a lucky bastard.

edit - also, be thankful you didn't have a newer cell phone. They're all cheap and built poorly, not to mention have lithium batteries that would explode into a fireball hotter than the sun.

This also goes to show that if you carry a weapon for self defense, get something that packs a little more punch than a 9mm
                    9mm is a good round, ever been hit with a 12 pound sledge hammer? go get a friend to wack you in the thigh just hard enough so it bruises the bone, but not break it.
                    past rides:
                    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by hotwhip9
                      glad your ok. good pictures. I'm assuming you are a MP? Seeing how its categorized under military?
                      web shots is retarded, you have to pic a catagory, and i work for the US Department of Homeland Security, so military was about the only topic i could think of.
                      past rides:
                      1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Good Pic

Glad you're ok. Must have been born under a lucky star!
                        1967 Firebird. Needs a lot of work!
                        1976 Black Trans Am. 400 bb, auto. 75% restored.
                        2001 Black Firebird.
                        2005 Legend Lime Mustang GT, SLP Axleback Loudmouths

"Cars are Like Parachutes, if the Main one fails, pull the reserve out "

Comment

Wow, that is definitely outrageous. You are lucky, and I'm glad to hear that you're okay Stay safe
                          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                            Wow, that is definitely outrageous. You are lucky, and I'm glad to hear that you're okay Stay safe
                            what are you doing using the special avatar that was made for Scott Settlemire, Marketing Manager for Camaro and Corvette at GM?

thats tacky man......... how about finding another one. Thats Scott's personal one.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

a 9mm wont penetrate a sloped windshield either, thats one reason most LE agencies went to the 40 cal., same with the FBI.

glad your ok broh.

OHS eh?

Im a Fed. also. we do some work together... we got you all your LE special purpose vehicles and command posts

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X