NFB 3800 supercharged? opinions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB 3800 supercharged? opinions?

I'm looking to possibly replace my daily driver.

I really like the supercharged 3800 engine. It was available in 1995 -1998 Buick Rivieras. It's a clean looking car, and has some nice options available. Was this motor available in any other cars that are now "affordable"?

I've seen Rivieras for $5,000 with just over 70K on them. What do you guys think?? I bet if I watched them for a while I could get a 50K car for $5,000.

here is a link to one I was looking at
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

the SC3800 came with the Regal and Grand Prix too...not to mention the bonnevilles...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
      the SC3800 came with the Regal and Grand Prix too...not to mention the bonnevilles...

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at a 1997 Regal GS now. It has 52K on it and the dealer wants $5800 for it. It has leather, moonroof, CD, 240hp 3.8 motor and 4 doors for the kids.

I'm thinking that if the dealer calls me tomorrow and it is available, I'm going to buy it. It's going to take me about 11 hours to drive out and bring it back.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Oh man. My buddy Rich has a Regal LS and that thing is quick. He's a huge kid too so it's lugging a good 450lbs when i'm in the car with him. The GS will be even more of a beast. They're AMAZING cars. His serpentine belt snapped on him though and allegedly it's a common problem so just watch out for that. Good luck
        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
        SOLD- Kinda miss it
        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
        SOLD- Good riddance!
        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

And the winner is : 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass supreme.

It is a 4 door, with all the options except the big motor.

46,000 miles
          clean 1 owner carfax
          3.1 V6 150 hp
          4 doors
          4 wheel ABS
          Dual front airbags
          leather
          CD / casette premium sound
          radio controls on the steering wheel
          power everything including antenna
          heated mirrors
          keyless entry
          digital climate control with 2 zones

And for the price..... $3990

I priced supercharged 3800 cars and decided that for the trip to work and home every day I didnt need the extra expenses. This car will get better mileage and be less to insure as well as cost less initially. When I want to go fast, I'll get in the Z.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:

Comment

Eh, close enough lol
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
              Eh, close enough lol
              That was exactly what I figured when I saw the price on that Cutlass. I cant believe how much car 4 grand gets you these days . There is no excuse to drive a crapbox anymore.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                That was exactly what I figured when I saw the price on that Cutlass. I cant believe how much car 4 grand gets you these days . There is no excuse to drive a crapbox anymore.
                Hey, that's only 1 grand less than what I paid for my girl. For 5k, I couldn't complain at all.
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

For an economy car, i think i would have gotten a Toyota or a Honda. Having an ugly daily driver just makes you love your "weekend car" even more. I still say that the Buick Regal is a beautiful thing though. If they weren't front wheel drive and they came with manual tranny's, I'd be getting one of them as my next car. They're rediculously comfortable, especially the back seats, they look great (especially in black) and they're beasts. If i ever have a family, that's my car.
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

The dealer now claims there is a $599.00 "documentation fee" to all out of state bidders, and it was in the terms of the auction.

What a bunch of crap. I'm not paying it. If they wont drop the fee, I'm not following through on it.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                    X